24-Hour Southern Skies

MariusC

Route was too short at 7.9km IMO.

Rather bumpy in a lot of places.

32 GI guy did a disappearing act at 7pm Saturday nigh never to return.....

I second the rude youngsters demanding track! Only had 2 "Thank you's" the entire time.

There was some very dangerous passing!

Singletrack in the forest was good.

Would like to see some sort of campsite allocation for teams/solo riders and not a free for all as it currently is.

Else all was good.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the rude youngsters demanding track! Only had 2 "Thank you's" the entire time.

Would like to see some sort of campsite allocation for teams/solo riders and not a free for all as it currently is.

Else all was good.

agree 100%.

Else all was good.

Ya route could've been pushed to 10km. I had some Id10T pass me at the end of the downhill at +-40km/h on the corner almost taking out the both of us. But overall it was a leke event.

I have to agree, lots of rude and irresponsible riders…! At one stage I was thinking we should establish a MTB etiquette test (similar to play more golf’s one but only for MTB) which one must pass before he/she can enter their first event.

Ya route could've been pushed to 10km. I had some Id10T pass me at the end of the downhill at +-40km/h on the corner almost taking out the both of us. But overall it was a leke event.

very glad to hear it wasnt only me who got more than irritated with these people..

nice to meet you btw BioMouse.

very glad to hear it wasnt only me who got more than irritated with these people..

nice to meet you btw BioMouse.

Same here was a random shot calling you :D (You weren't joking when you said you've got a Green machine)

Same here was a random shot calling you :D (You weren't joking when you said you've got a Green machine)

Green - Very!

Machine - Very?

So how much drinking and how much riding did you do ;)

Please PM me the particulars of the offenders.

Would like to take it up with them when I visit them shortly.

Good manners cost nothing, and go a long way.

As my dad used to say: "Manners maketh the man."

I have also sent a copy of Karma's comments to the race organisers

Anybody know where we can get the results?

and photos?

I think the website is www.od-event-photographers.co.za and the photos will be online by Friday.

Thanks, I really enjoyed the event a lot. Did not have the problem with those NW guys passing me, but get what you all mean.

Next year I'll try and sleep a few hours in between, by 10h Sunday morning my body went into zombie mode

Ja next Year I'm gonna try the solo thing, leave the annoying bicycle horns and pink shirts at home and drink a little bit less beer :D

solo is the way to go! you can ride with your fellow solo riders, but most importantly, ride as much as you want/can :)

Ya me and my brother in law did a lap together, we know it only counts as one lap, and sho the Lady that calls the nr's as you come in K@ked us out from a dizzy height.

Else all was good.

Agreed 100%

Karma I also second your post.

The youngsters with their sock pulled up to their knees was a big pain in the ass, yes I can also go down that little hill that fast but as a Solo rider you pace yourself, the arrogance of the youngsters really pissed me off, and they were riding very dangerously, passing without manners. Doesn't take much riding at that pace with a little white or yellow board.

And then "Dear Mr organizer" please in future make some effort with your route, the worst I have seen for a 24 hour event, bumpety bumpety bumpety boring!!!!!!!! The camping area was not marshalled and looked like a warzone, cars were turning around all the time and was chaotic.

Don't get me wrong it was still a lot of fun though but purely because of the fellow competitors that made the race! But will be spending my money on some better organised 24 hour events in future!!