Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

ive also never done this race before.....but im led to believe its a very relaxed race...look forward to meeting you!!

Well thats good news - am really excited/nervous! Look forward to meeting you too :)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you reckon roaming mechanics good enough or is it worth purchasing a bike package. I got quoted R250 per bike per day excluding parts...seems excessive?

does sound excessive...what kit have you got on your bike? just take the basic spares with you. tyre stuff, stans, chain tools and links, lube, unless you have a mishap you should be ok..

Best puncture kit for a race like this for a tubeless tyre? Are those plugs and solution kits @ Sportsmans Warehouse sufficient?

Someone mentioned patches?

ya the plug kits are great, also take some stans sealant. the best patches are the green self stick ones...but you must also carry a tube. make sure it has no punctures in it!!

Best puncture kit for a race like this for a tubeless tyre? Are those plugs and solution kits @ Sportsmans Warehouse sufficient?

Someone mentioned patches?

Agree with Mike Bike. If your side wall gets torn (as mine did 2 weeks ago) and you dont have a tube your done (which I was) and have to wait for a rescue...not a great situation in a race. But be super careful if you put a tube into a tubelss tyre as your tyre is probably full of little thorns etc so you have to carefully check the tyre without injuring your fingers...

If you are still on tyre-liners and slime (and have had very few issues with punctures, touch wood), is it worth it to go tubeless before the race? No tubeless rims, so will need a conversion (I am asking for a friend of mine, ofcourse whistling.gif )

If you are still on tyre-liners and slime (and have had very few issues with punctures, touch wood), is it worth it to go tubeless before the race? No tubeless rims, so will need a conversion (I am asking for a friend of mine, ofcourse whistling.gif )

the conversion is easy...what tyres is your friend running? i would recommend tubeless over tubes any day...

I had the same question. I've been riding with normal tubes since june and haven't had a single puncture. Decided not to take a chance so converting to tubeless.

Running Rocket Rons at the moment, which won't work, they're as thin as they are light.

The back tyre almost needs replacement, So I suppose I can buy two new tyres and convert...

This just sucks balls. I was given a free entry by a mate who could no longer ride. All excited etc etc. and then i get a request from a client that we have to have meeting on the friday at 10 while i am supposed to be riding some awesome trails. Its sucks to have to put food on the table!!!

This just sucks balls. I was given a free entry by a mate who could no longer ride. All excited etc etc. and then i get a request from a client that we have to have meeting on the friday at 10 while i am supposed to be riding some awesome trails. Its sucks to have to put food on the table!!!

Come to B&B, they put very lekker food on the table and lots of it too....

Sorry you cant make it.....

Running Rocket Rons at the moment, which won't work, they're as thin as they are light.

The back tyre almost needs replacement, So I suppose I can buy two new tyres and convert...

i would recomend it...get snakeskin of your current tyre..or conti protections...2 valves, 1 bottle stans, some yellow rim tape and you good to go

Hey All,

Have an entry for a team in the 2 day race (3-4 Nov) which I can't use. R4500 neg (including tented accomodation), rider transfer fee and race fee (obviously).

If anyone (and a friend) wants to take part please let me know asap, or if you know someone who might be interested?

Thanks,

3 more sleeps until we roadtrip to Berg & Bush...... yeah.....

Same here! Can't wait! Hope the weather stays like this - I hear it can get pretty hot out there!

post-5035-0-60494900-1350897606_thumb.jpg

Edited by BearManGuy