Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

Has anyone done the Berg & Bush before?? From the lack of replies it looks like this will be a first for us all?!

Well I guess you learn as you go along....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to ask the question on FB, since nobody on this forum seems to have done Berg and Bush before.

Here is the reply with regards to packing:

post-5035-0-05273400-1347457607.jpg

Great. Thanks for the tenacity there FuelEX.

Anyone know how this tog bag compares in size to the container supplied at Sani?

• 2 weeks later...

No idea Grease! I wish people who had done this event before could share some info on this tread!

Another question, do you need to provide your own mattress? And is a sleeping bag necessary?

Route Profiles for Day 1-3

It appears Day 2 or 3 has been duplicated there...I'm hoping the missing profile doesn't look quite as aggressive!

It appears Day 2 or 3 has been duplicated there...I'm hoping the missing profile doesn't look quite as aggressive!

although day2 the vertical exaggeration is very high so it appears a lot worse than it actually is...but......dont get me wrong...there are some nasty climbs on that day...and as far is know..thats spionkop day

Great. Thanks for the tenacity there FuelEX.

Anyone know how this tog bag compares in size to the container supplied at Sani?

I think you just take your own tog bag - not like Sani where you get a container.

the first isn't bad at all, just pace yourself. Also try not doing a unicycle trick and crack your ribs and bust your shoulder in the first 17km :)

Day2, pace yourself when you get off the dam trip, it is a very long steady climb and down to climb spienkop.

Day3, pace yourself at the begining, the rest is pretty easy.