Cape Epic Stage 4: 103km, 2 600m climbing

Tumbleweed

The Hub & Twitter are more up to date and reliable.

and we can fight in between updates, a perfect match.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

82 teams have abandoned so far, I feel for them, all the training hard work and the cost!

29 Mar 09:58:57

Team Multivan again quickest out, with 360life

29 Mar 09:57:50

Sauser + Stander first in

29 Mar 09:56:58

Group hits Water Point 2

29 Mar 09:50:12Chopper overhead. Riders approaching Water Point 2 - 360Life and 36ONE fight for dominance

I find it weird for Stander to make that comment without some background and context when Bulls1 team took sprint on stage 2 and they couldn't have done much work up front. (Especially if they're trying to nurse Sahm's nerve issue and still have illusions of being contenders. More so with their strategy of being consistent rather than ever breaking the field as per previous years doing the event.)

Agree!

As far as I'm concerned, Burry commented on why they didn't give "the other 36 -something" :whistling: team the stage win. He replied that they gave stage win away last year and regretted it. They didn't give 360Life the win because they didn't do the work upfront to earn the win......

Burry is a young oke who has accomplished a lot but has always been humble as far as I'm concerned...... Just have a look at the way most Hubbers react and overreact on here! Give the guy a break!

OK you beat me to it. When watching that interview last night, I saw what could really be one of those classic 'head-in-hands' thoughtless interview questions.

So Burry has just come off a monster stage race, legs still wobbly from the effort, he now has to do the obligatory interview and the guy comes up with the pearler, "so why didn't you give the other guys the stage win?" (or something to that effect).

Tell you what, if I was sitting there and I was asked that same question after a stage like that, I would have flathanded the interviewer. I don't know what program others were watching last night, but the program I watched showed Burry handling it pretty well and with straightforward honesty. I did not see any PR gaff at all.

I bought my tarmac from Burry last year. During the time I spent in his shop while he was helping me set it up the way I wanted it, helped me choose the right saddle, bottle cages, etc., he didn't leave me until I was 100% happy. Every dumb question I had, every bit of advice I asked about merits of one floor pump vs the others, he took the time to give me the answers. And all the time I was thinking that this is the most humble and down to earth young world champ I've ever met. Don't believe he has one 'windgat' bone in his body.

Again, I'm not a member of his fan club. I just say it as I see it.

Wonder if the guy that through his bike into the gate finished? He looked quite negative. :w00t:

Edited by koukie

According to Bardy, it's getting windy, cloudy and cold at the finish.

And speaking of Bardy the action scribe, what news of the Auzzie madman?

29 Mar 10:29:08

Hard wind has come up whipping up dust off fields. The hills heading towards caledon will further tire shattered legs

As much as I'd like KE & DG to win, my view is they can only win if 360one or Bulls put themselves out. Burry managing to complete (i.e. not breaking himself / bike) and Sahm's leg are probably the deciding factors.

Burry riding into a tree again, and Sahm's leg failing again, and they have the win. Both of those things not happening and they will probably at best podium.

Bit like when Tiger or Sampras were dominant. You'd only win if they were injured or off their game for some reason like a wife taking a driver to your groin...

Looks like Topeak had a flat. Mennen's bike making loud tiktiktik sound. 130 off lead group TeamBulls 1 5:30. Stockli 6:30