Towing kids

doris

Get a halfwheeler!!!

Lots of fun - Junior (3.5 years old) loves it.

We did "family" race at Babba's lodge and more recently spent a few hours riding at Groenkloof.

The rule is to take it easy - you still get a serious workout because of the extra weight but the family time is priceless!! :)

post-4407-0-55743000-1333022368.jpg

post-4407-0-54131400-1333022393.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you referring to the wee ride that goes in front of the cyclist?

I like this one - http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=32842

Saw a kid and his dad on one without gears the other day, and the lightie was peddling with a stupidly high cadence; I think a few gears will help.

That one looks great. Same make as the trailer I have which was top quality. My son is almost four so a litlte old for the trailer (he can still fit in it, but gets bored).

They're awesome

I used to hitch mine to one of the tandems and go racing/camping/MTBing and going for picnics.

Highly recommended

Pic is unfortunately not great - I damaged the camera on this trip through the dome!

post-14611-0-09180100-1333023256.jpg

Get a halfwheeler!!!

Lots of fun - Junior (3.5 years old) loves it.

We did "family" race at Babba's lodge and more recently spent a few hours riding at Groenkloof.

The rule is to take it easy - you still get a serious workout because of the extra weight but the family time is priceless!! :)

I will get one of those for when he is older but will have to get it rebranded! lol

I will get one of those for when he is older but will have to get it rebranded! lol

lol, I'm in the same boat which is why I will most likely order the one from CRC.

As the kids get older, it gets more tricky for the in-between stages. So I imported some bits and pieces from Kansas and attached this to the road tandem so that my boy could ride with me. We could happily do 40Km like this, even though he was only 6 at the time!

post-14611-0-20303800-1333023463.jpg

we bought the half-wheeler 2nd hand and latch it on the back of my hardtail. Agreed that I wouldn't do too much off-road riding - both because of the load on the attachment and seatpost but also that my 5 year old daughter bounces a bit at the back. We often ride to school and back through kenridge which is very hilly and my passanger is not good at sharing the workload so it's a mean workout.

One worry is that if she leans over to the side it does make it difficult to control the steering.

I am using this (imported) single wheel trailer with full air suspension - even on single trail. Benjamin digs it and falls asleep within 20 minutes. Best thing I ever bought, to actually get a proper work out and not sacrifice too much time away from the boy. Working on getting mom involved now...

post-15789-0-78354600-1333025825.jpg

Im confused... isnt this the item you say you want to give away?

Im confused... isnt this the item you say you want to give away?

I was replying to Woffie's post. I dont have a half wheeler. I have the chair that bolts directly onto the back of the bike.

I was replying to Woffie's post. I dont have a half wheeler. I have the chair that bolts directly onto the back of the bike.

Ooooohh, :D

I thought you wanted to get rid of a half-wheeler.

thanks, but not to worry then :thumbup: