CRC Royal Mail vs Parcel Force RANT RANT RANT

Rubel

I have placed many orders with CRC over the years which if you order more than R3k worth of goods is shipped free utilising Parcel Force (their default standard shipping method) which usually arrives here in SA within 2 weeks.

A while ago one of my orders was shipped using Royal Mail instead which has no tracking number and took more than 4 weeks to arrive (and based on some of my mates experiences never arrives). I then contacted them to find out how to prevent this from happening again to which they responded "just put a note in the comments box to use Parcel Force and not Royal Mail" which I have been doing ever since with no problem.

I have just placed another big order which to my horror was shipped using Royal Mail and not Parcel Force even though I asked them to ship using Parcel Force in the notes section as they had instructed me to do. I need the bits in the order within 2 weeks and can not wait 4 weeks.

I have now asked them to re ship the parcel using Parcel Force as I had requested and I will return the goods shipped via Royal Mail if / when it ever arrives.

They have effectively told me to F@!#$%@#$%ck off

What do you think I should do?

that! :whistling:

buy local

I have placed many orders with CRC over the years which if you order more than R3k worth of goods is shipped free utilising Parcel Force (their default standard shipping method) which usually arrives here in SA within 2 weeks.

A while ago one of my orders was shipped using Royal Mail instead which has no tracking number and took more than 4 weeks to arrive (and based on some of my mates experiences never arrives). I then contacted them to find out how to prevent this from happening again to which they responded "just put a note in the comments box to use Parcel Force and not Royal Mail" which I have been doing ever since with no problem.

I have just placed another big order which to my horror was shipped using Royal Mail and not Parcel Force even though I asked them to ship using Parcel Force in the notes section as they had instructed me to do. I need the bits in the order within 2 weeks and can not wait 4 weeks.

I have now asked them to re ship the parcel using Parcel Force as I had requested and I will return the goods shipped via Royal Mail if / when it ever arrives.

They have effectively told me to F@!#$%@#$%ck off

What do you think I should do?

buy Local

Dude, if you're ordering from overseas there can't be time constraints.

If you needed it so desperately, then you should've bought local.

I honestly hope it gets here in time, but know you'll never order expecting it within a week.

lol when are people going to learn pay the couple of cents to have it courier'd royl mail and parcel force are both fine but once it gets to SAPO your crap begings.

I stopped using CRC years ago,that's was after I bought big from them....................sorry...... 'They ALSO have effectively told me to F@!#$%@#$%ck off' after my parcel went missing and the could not give a ..............so I did it and took my money elsewhere.....local CWC,BuyCylce etc.

Eish _ I have been waiting for 3 weeks for an orde via Royal mail. Now I am really worried !! First and last time I order via CRC !

Also ordered 4 weeks ago ... Emailed CRC this week and they have already sent a new order and if the other arrives then I refuse to sign for it ... They have been very accomodating

Ordered from CRC last week 3 sets of handlebars , etc. Took 7 days with royal mail to my door , delivery and vat was R120.00 . Seems shweet :clap:

Its not CRC its the post office, they no there is no tracking on royl mail orders and it mysteriously "dissapears" the minute it hits the post office.

My last 4 orders from CRC have been delivered to the bryanston post office within 5 days of order. There it seems to get lost for another 3-5weeks. I went to the post office last time and demanded they do a physical search for the items, which netted my parcel as a result. Miraculous!

Post office are bloody useless

:clap: I ordered 3 weeks ago and got the notice in the post yesterday to collect my parcel... so I am a happy bunny this easter weekend !

I try to avoid Royal Mail Fail like one would avoid the dentist or potholes. Even if my CRC order comes to R1000, I'll pay the R380-odd to get it here in a week, and track it.

However I once ordered a part from Evans in the UK, and they didn't give the more expensive shipping option. The method used was royal mail. That lead to a very long 6 weeks.

I did find out though that one can track a Royal Mail parcel once it reaches SA. It's a shot in the dark, but phone the international mail centre, and ask them to search their system for parcels by receiver name. If you receive many parcels give them a time period to search, ie. "the last 3 weeks". They will check to see if the delivery address matches.

If you speak all friendly-like to them they will do this. If it has reached SA it gets an II tracking number and you can track it from there to your local PO.

As for the PO and EMS, on a few occasions I have cut them out of the loop by makin the trek to the international mail centre and collecting from there. A 40min drive saved a few days on delivery time.

• 2 months later...