Bibs - Cape Storm or First Ascent?

Caerus

Last winter I tried buying non thermal tights. It was the same. I refused to pay big $$$ for locally made ones as there is a good chance of lying down on the MTB and I could not find imported ones to try on. Everyone tried to sell me leg warmers... Still use my no name ones that I bought from the German shop a few years ago. This year I will try the new running tights at SW again....

The new Asics Trail Running tighs look sweet but the grey colour might look a bit funny on the bike.

I have a Cape Storm pair and really happy with them, running and cycling wise.

Tried the first Ascent but they were too long for me unfotunately.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the First Ascent and Capestorm bibs to be horribly uncomfortable, the padding hardly lasts and the fit is just off. Been the happiest with my Santini's but my specialized (bit costly) and Nalini ones are also great. You're being unrealistic if you expect them to last two years. Given I ride a lot I get about a year out of one in rotation.

I'm now part of the Assos family :clap: I tried on the First Ascent & Cape Storm, but both were not a nice fit, tried on Santini, also not a great fit for me. Then I tried on the Assos, it was like Cinderella and the glass slipper, just fits like its made custom for you. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

I did go check out the Craft that were on sale at Cyclesphere , they were all sold out yesterday, after being told there were plenty in stock, some guys were buying 3 - 4 pairs at a time apparantly.

Thanks for all the help & advice, much appreciated everyone :thumbup: I will add that Cyclelab in Durban North(Kensington Drive) was a nice store with knowledgeable, honest & helpful staff.

I have both the Assos FI13's and Mille's. The issue with Assos is that they wear thin at the back after a while. They then become Arse-sos pants. The bibs that fits me best and last longest is the Vermarc Sport standard jobbies. Same chamois as the more expensive version and a more traditional fit.

Have to agree.

Nothing beats Assos F1.Mille for MTB comfort, but nothing beats Vermarc for overall comfort, durability and value for money.

I'm now part of the Assos family :clap: I tried on the First Ascent & Cape Storm, but both were not a nice fit, tried on Santini, also not a great fit for me. Then I tried on the Assos, it was like Cinderella and the glass slipper, just fits like its made custom for you. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

I did go check out the Craft that were on sale at Cyclesphere , they were all sold out yesterday, after being told there were plenty in stock, some guys were buying 3 - 4 pairs at a time apparantly.

Thanks for all the help & advice, much appreciated everyone :thumbup: I will add that Cyclelab in Durban North(Kensington Drive) was a nice store with knowledgeable, honest & helpful staff.

You won't have any regrets! but don't write-off Vermarc as an everyday, training bib to prolong the life of your Assos.

You won't have any regrets! but don't write-off Vermarc as an everyday, training bib to prolong the life of your Assos.

flymango

Where do you get hold of ANY Vermarc clothing???

I can shop in jhb area

flymango

Where do you get hold of ANY Vermarc clothing???

I can shop in jhb area

I actually bought 2 new bibs at this year's Argus expo - they had a small stand. You should be able to get more info at www.vermarc.co.za

Hi guys,

Please also consider Ftech bibs next time...top end elastic technology pad (top of the range in fact)...same as in Assos....we think it is tops and unbelievable value for money from R1500 incl.

Call us or visit Our website at www.asgsport.co.za

Some great Sani2c kit available now at www.asgevents.co.za

Regards

ag

Craft are a premium brand and on par with the likes of assos ect. I use Castrelli and also rate them but perhaps its just personal choice ect. I have an ISM seat and as such just sit on the 'tips'

I use the Castelli Aero at R1350 from cyclelab best price i have found they are very comfy excellent padding and very good build quality these are the first shorts I used without Chamois cream

I have tried Cape storm, First Ascent good starters but the cut and comfort is nowhere near the Castelli, also they dont last stitching comes loose padding dies, I even tried the first ascent elite and thought they were great until I tried the Castelli's

I tried Assos but could not find a pair to fit

• 1 year later...