Stolen Demo 8 ii

HeinrichH

Back to my same issue: WHO'S buying this???? Where's the demand????

The demand is there, thats whats so scary, In was chatting to my father about these thefts,and he knows nothing about bikes, first thing he said was, who is buying the stolen bikes?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the "dodgy" bike shop owner, people like me and you are buying this stolen stuff.
Back to my same issue: WHO'S buying this???? Where's the demand????

Well, surely the guy selling the bikes knows where he's getting them from, and who's buying them?

Well, surely the guy selling the bikes knows where he's getting them from, and who's buying them?

Yes. But ask Dangle based on his great initiatives last year (and SANParks trying to curb rhino poaching) and he'll tell you theft (i.e. supply) is all a response to demand. But I know you agree.

Yes. But ask Dangle based on his great initiatives last year (and SANParks trying to curb rhino poaching) and he'll tell you theft (i.e. supply) is all a response to demand. But I know you agree.

There has to be a massive market, there has been almost a about a quater of a millions ronds worth of bikes stolen in the last 8 weeks

Will definitely keep my eyes peeled at races and get2gethers. I think we almost all know each other and the bikes we ride. A new guy rocking a demo 8 will stand out in a hurry.

If those asshats are watching the threads: give the bike back. It's not worth it. You just stole a neon sign.

Couldn't agree more! I don't now how many 2010 Demo 8II's are flaoting aroung in SA. I only ever saw one in person (which belonged to to Mr Alex Bramley at the time).

So yeah, if it was a boot'r it'd blen right in... but not easy as a demo 8

Edited by patches

Damn dude. That bike is sweet. Hope you get it back! As Cap says, very small world the dh world. Will stick out like a sore thumb, even with a respray and new parts in place.

Will definitely keep my eyes peeled at races and get2gethers. I think we almost all know each other and the bikes we ride. A new guy rocking a demo 8 will stand out in a hurry.

If those asshats are watching the threads: give the bike back. It's not worth it. You just stole a neon sign.

Couldn't agree more! I don't now how many 2010 Demo 8II's are flaoting aroung in SA. I only ever saw one in person (which belonged to to Mr Alex Bramley at the time).

Damn dude. That bike is sweet. Hope you get it back! As Cap says, very small world the dh world. Will stick out like a sore thumb, even with a respray and new parts in place.

I know very little, about anything, and even I know that's a scarce bike.

We should actually get the guys who do bike art onboard, to ensure that if they do decide to respray the stolen bikes, we can still catch them. But this was def. Organised

My question is also "who is buying?"

There can't be more than 200 people in SA who'd be interested in this bike as is, and we'd spot anyone riding it within 3 seconds on any DH course. I reckon the only way it would "disappear" would be if it ended up being used as some sort of commuter/general bike by someone who doesn't know. But then again, that's probably unlikely.

Here's what my security gate looks like, they literally kicked it open with some serious force from what it looks like. @#$ers.

post-3655-0-37285500-1333654715.jpg

Patches, this is actually Mr Bramley's ex-bike. Mr Nixon bought it from him, and my brother (who lent it to me, he's away on holiday out of reception range this week) in turn bought it from him.

We should actually get the guys who do bike art onboard, to ensure that if they do decide to respray the stolen bikes, we can still catch them. But this was def. Organised

That's a good idea. I'll let Neels from woodstock cycle works know as well. There are two very unique dings on the frame so I'll be able to identify this bike even if it is re-sprayed.

Patches, this is actually Mr Bramley's ex-bike. Mr Nixon bought it from him, and my brother (who lent it to me, he's away on holiday out of reception range this week) in turn bought it from him.

Ag, nee man Martin! That's NOT COOL! I mean, it wasn't cool when I saw it had been stolen, but now you say it was stolen from your place!? No farking way bro. That's cold.

If you find the bastard, I'll be there with my crowbar...

That's a good idea. I'll let Neels from woodstock cycle works know as well. There are two very unique dings on the frame so I'll be able to identify this bike even if it is re-sprayed.

Heinrich - Now that I know who you are, that's even more *** (s'true)

Hope you and Martin get the bike back. Not cool. We'll definitely keep an eye out!

MH: PM me the spots where the dings are, and serial numbers of major components: forks, shocks and frame. If I come across a gumtree sale, or see some random commuting by demo, i would to be able to ID the stolen bike.

Edited by Capricorn

Aah, then it was the only Demo 8 that used to be in Gauteng, and one of only 2 that I knew of in SA. I heard somewhere that there was a Western Cape rider with one the same time that Mr Bramley had his.

SO sorry Bro...guys also be on the lookout for parts being sold that you KNOW this bike had on it ,highly unlikely but you never know