Will I ever get my cycling top clean again?

Agteros

Unpacking the car after a MTB race, I found the following in my shirt pockets. How will I ever get any leaking residue out of the shirt again?

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-R4V-PYk6npI/T4MMTvD7aDI/AAAAAAAAAlg/7ogaLDoVeNY/s802/20120409_143152.jpg

Can anybody please help with the proper procedure to de-gunk a sticky shirt?

Edited by heman

Unpacking the car after a MTB race, I found the following in my shirt pockets. How will I ever get any leaking residue out of the shirt again?

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-R4V-PYk6npI/T4MMTvD7aDI/AAAAAAAAAlg/7ogaLDoVeNY/s802/20120409_143152.jpg

Water soluble! no problem

Water soluble! no problem

Not so sure about this.... Maybe I should have chucked it on the trail? Surely there are people cleaning up after us!

Not so sure about this.... Maybe I should have chucked it on the trail? Surely there are people cleaning up after us!

Its absolutely not necessary to chuck on trail, regardless if anyone is to clean after you.

No I think it is a good thing you kept it. If you collect what is left in those two packets it might be enough for you next ride. :whistling:

edit spelling

Edited by Mads

Good thing you had them in that plastic bag.

You are an imposter, sir! The REAL He-man would have swallowed the plastic packaging too if he ever needed extra energy!

Its absolutely not necessary to chuck on trail, regardless if anyone is to clean after you.

Surely these things are biodegradable (even if it takes 20 years?

No I think it is a good thing you kept it. If you collect what is left in those two packets it might be enough for you next ride. :whistling:

Is the 'active ingredients' freeze friendly? Should it be fine if I scrape them clean, and freeze it for the Tour D'urban at the end of April?

Which bin to put the cleaned sachets in? Paper, or general?

Good thing you had them in that plastic bag.

That plastic bag was water (not guava juice) handed out at a water point ;) Hope it was okay that I spilled the last few drops on the trail, before putting it in my pocket? Being sticky is one thing, but being sticky AND wet on a bike.... urghhh

You needed 2 gels for 60k's :whistling: - woos :devil:

It took me so long to finish, I nearly had to pack a 5 course meal for lunch!

Surely these things are biodegradable (even if it takes 20 years?

This is not toilet paper now, is it? so pick it up... its a no brainer.

It took me so long to finish, I nearly had to pack a 5 course meal for lunch!

:w00t: - lucky I took 2 gels and a spare jungle energy bar just in case :blush: