Mountain bike trails around Sun City

Druffster

My brother and I are riding the Sani2c in May and we're trying to get in as much riding as possible leading up to it. Over the weekend of the 20th - 23rd we are staying at Sun City and I was wondering if there are any known trails of around 70-80km.

I have viewed other posts, but I haven't found anyhing apart from asking reception which other guys didn't have much luck with.

I have taken my Mtb with me a number of times and generally have just ridden on the Resort on the two Golf courses, inner service roads and along the fencline. You would have to go out the main gate to find other district road rides.

• 4 months later...

Hi, i am looking to ride at Sun City, does anyone know of any trails. I will be there this weekend 24 - 27 August. Please inbox me. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Anyone have information on trails, I will be there weekend 19 to 22 October

Smolster is your man, pm him. I know he is on a hub sabbatical at the mo. If he doesn't answer pm me and I'll give you his cell no with his permission

Smolster is your man, pm him. I know he is on a hub sabbatical at the mo. If he doesn't answer pm me and I'll give you his cell no with his permission

Thanks have been in touch with him

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but maybe some updates.... ?

I am going next weekend, taking the MTB with. If anyone has maps/eroutes, please let me know. Otherwise will just go exploring inside the resort

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Send me a PM. I live at SC.

Hi.

Saw this message of yours.

We are visiting 16 to 18 Sept.

Any chance you can show me the ropes in the area ?

Regards,

Anton

• 1 month later...

Anyone have anything to add to this?

I did a search on the interweb and the only trail they mention is one that you pay R10K for a minimum of 10 people which IMHO is daylight robbery and I assume geared more towards the tourist with bag loads of Mhoola  :eek: . Granted you go up to the border of the nature reserve but not worth it in my opinion. And where do you find 10 people if you are only going with your spouse!

Apart from riding around on the various tared roads is there perhaps anything more exciting? 

Smolly here helped me out , so to pay it forward ;-) 

Some lekker riding in resort , short but intense and good workout 

https://www.strava.com/activities/397570484

Go out of VC towards Bakubung exit ,  50m before gate TR onto dirt road , than follow fence and keep left while following it till you get to dead end at water world and back track.

Than explore various service roads to golf course and cart paths on golf course , be polite and they will be cool.

Croc pit a compulsory picture stop and Than you have to climb the hill from the gate to resort for a few intervals 

gallery_61762_1822_1933448.jpg

Thank you very much Milosh.

I assume by VC you mean Vacation Club?

If I understand you correctly I think I may have gone on that dirt road for stroll a few years back...only about 1km though and then turned back.

Hope it is safe....should I take a riffle with? :) :) :)

yes Vacation club , 

I think its safe enough , within resort boundary other side of fence is game reserve ,  normal common sense applies,  I have seen Waterhog and baboons on it , both take a whole new dynamic when on a bike alone ;-) 

Enjoy and have fun 

Archived