Pilates - How will this help my cycling?

_freak_

Did it for almost 2 years, but stopped this year. Cannot believe how stiff I became in such a short time. Funny pains returning. Will start again as soon as I can. Definitely worth the efford. Must just find the dicipline to do it on my own as classes can get pricey.

I find it helps. Lower back hurts less, shoulders and neck hurt less.

luck for me, i dont "hurt" like you do when cycling... :thumbup:

Did it for almost 2 years, but stopped this year. Cannot believe how stiff I became in such a short time. Funny pains returning. Will start again as soon as I can. Definitely worth the efford. Must just find the dicipline to do it on my own as classes can get pricey.

i can take the classes at my gym, was just wondering if it will help me the way that people tell me the whole time....

Other than the obvious benifets you will gain from improved core strength, you should also improve your flexibility.... Very usefull when it comes to fixing punctures while staying seated on your bike or bending down to tie your shoe laces... :huh:

Core Core Core...with help you back pain and also your climbing ability to isolate your legs muscles, locking in the power.

I really need to do this!

If you are going to do classes at the gym,

it is worth spending a few ronts on pvt classes first.

Pilates is not just about geting into the position, it is about contracting the right muscles and breathing correctly.

If you just join a free group class, you will only get half of what you could out of the classes.

If you are going to do classes at the gym,

it is worth spending a few ronts on pvt classes first.

Pilates is not just about geting into the position, it is about contracting the right muscles and breathing correctly.

If you just join a free group class, you will only get half of what you could out of the classes.

Noted

I have been doing Pilates for around 3 years. It has helped tremendously!

The ability to stabilise the core and power through the legs makes a massive improvement. It helps a lot in single track, being able to control your centre of gravity.

Pilates is excellent - I hurt my back pretty badly a little while back and private / small group (5/6 people) pilates has been part of my recovery - and it's been awesome. Core strength, flexibility and breathing - all great for cycling :thumbup: