lego

Wayne Potgieter

there seems to be an awful lot of pieces lying around. I assume they are not "essential" :whistling:

no mmatter how completely you build a particular set, they always seem to pack spares...

Hahahahaha! There are indeed always spares. But, funnily enough, I have noticed with this and the Opera House set that there have been pieces missing*...

*By missing, I mean, they're not to be found until you've moved on quite a few steps in the building process, requiring you to take apart what you've so carefully put together... :blush:   

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so this is some sort of warped Danish sense of humour. Throw in a few random pieces to screw with you.

This may be the coolest one you have built

It's really coming along! And I am digging it. Frustrating building it with Breandan, as there are some challenging techniques involved...and it's hard to sit back and watch someone else have all the fun! Hahahaha!

I really wanted the Volvo instead of this, but B won, and I honoured our deal. It is awesome though. I am trying to get the owner of pop's to part with his classic Batmobile, but he's not budging.

I have set up a "swear jar" in the study to save for the Volvo, and you can bet your %$#@ing ass I'm going to be very %$#@ing foul-mouthed for a while!  :lol:    

so this is some sort of warped Danish sense of humour. Throw in a few random pieces to screw with you.

The cold climes do some strange stuff to one's sense of humour. Sadistic bastards...

*reaches for swear jar again...* 

It's really coming along! And I am digging it. Frustrating building it with Breandan, as there are some challenging techniques involved...and it's hard to sit back and watch someone else have all the fun! Hahahaha!

I really wanted the Volvo instead of this, but B won, and I honoured our deal. It is awesome though. I am trying to get the owner of pop's to part with his classic Batmobile, but he's not budging.

I have set up a "swear jar" in the study to save for the Volvo, and you can bet your %$#@ing ass I'm going to be very %$#@ing foul-mouthed for a while!  :lol:    

Ha ha ha... indeed

Not that's a cool one , My youngest son and I build the same way, but the eldest son.. shees it's almost infuriating building with him... he is not one to follow instructions properly it drives me mad ha ha ha ha and when it's not right he get so upset and I have to tell him, ja well if you actually follow instructions the pieces would fit, somehow he expects it to work out just cause he wants it to lol  The youngest sits for days building but the eldest wants everything instant ha ha ha.

Okay, so just one more night to try not finish the Tumbler...

I'll sign off for the week with a little langage lesson...Bye all!

post-1604-0-43541300-1438339588_thumb.jpg

Ha ha ha... indeed

Not that's a cool one , My youngest son and I build the same way, but the eldest son.. shees it's almost infuriating building with him... he is not one to follow instructions properly it drives me mad ha ha ha ha and when it's not right he get so upset and I have to tell him, ja well if you actually follow instructions the pieces would fit, somehow he expects it to work out just cause he wants it to lol The youngest sits for days building but the eldest wants everything instant ha ha ha.

sounds like you have a master builder on your hands, and not just an Emmett!

Did some Lego stuffs this weekend...

...embarrassed my kid by taking a selfie with the Lego dude at Toyzone...

post-1604-0-05752500-1438578989_thumb.jpg

...Breandan finished building the Tumbler...

post-1604-0-95796900-1438579037_thumb.jpg

...and I built this squirrel thinigie while making frittata for brekkie...

post-1604-0-75929600-1438579083_thumb.jpg

...then the toucan after doing the dishes...

post-1604-0-82875100-1438579162_thumb.jpg 

Edited by Tumbleweed

Capetonians should be in for a treat, with the new Hamleys store opening in the V&A later this year. Lego should be prominent there, as it is reported to be cheaper here than in the UK.

Got an invite to the Greenstone grand opening... :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great substitute B.

That it is indeed, mate. 

Never made it to the Hamleys thing yesterday. Between my mom being in hospital and Squamish's issues, there was no chance of getting there.