Paul Cluver / Thandi trails Grabouw

GLuvsMtb

If any of the trail builders from paul cluver follow this thread then please can you improve your signage. Trails are so awesome. Well maintained. Good condition. Beautiful. So so so much fun. But k@k signage. Map doesn't realy help us low I.Q people.

Maybe put numbers at each sign and on the map so you know exactly where you are and where to go. Very frustrating when you realise you just did the same section 3 times.

• 2 years later...

Reviving this old thread - Does anyone know the state of the Paul Cluver trails at the moment?

Were they affected by the fires recently in the area?

We want to go ride there on Wednesday.

Call them we were there the morning after the fires started, and oak valley paul cluver were both closed

I believe there's pictures of burnt bridges I haven't seen any so can't confirm

Call them we were there the morning after the fires started, and oak valley paul cluver were both closed

I believe there's pictures of burnt bridges I haven't seen any so can't confirm

I believe Paul Cluver is in a better state than Oak Valley, but best to call before you go through.

Thanks guys.

Sent through some emails now and will post here once I get an update from their side. Seems like in a couple of years we'll have no forests to ride through in the Western Cape anymore at the rate fires are going...

Also - have to give my 5010 a fitting send-off before building up the Following, so hope to do so in a place as special as the Grabouw trails!

Edited by cpelser

So it would seem that both Oak Valley and Paul Cluver MTB trails are closed for the time being.
(Taken off their Facebook pages)

• 1 month later...

So it would seem that both Oak Valley and Paul Cluver MTB trails are closed for the time being.

(Taken off their Facebook pages)

Any update on this? Can't seem to find anything on the face book.

Any update on this? Can't seem to find anything on the face book.

Paul Cluver is closed . I have been told that some of the bridges are unstable after the recent fires. Oak Valley is open. My son and I rode Oak Valley on Saturday