Shimano XT or Mavix Crosstrail Wheels??

lollos

I like the mavics, but the hubs (if they are still the same design as my crossrides) need regular cleaning to keep them working properly or the bushing will wear out quickly. Both are easy to service. I did find that the cup and cone style hubs like the xt ones are more difficult to get right without having a tiny amount of play in them.

I have XT and I am very happy with them... I am not light and I have done in excess of 5000km on them without ANY issues. Still running as true as the day I bought them. They spin really well, are good value for money and quite light and are full UST. Can't comment on Mavic but would recommend the XT wheels any time!!

I've had mavic rims built on XT hubs, and now run Crossmax SX on one of the bikes

and although Hope Pro II's on a good rim would be 1st choice for good value for money wheels... if the choice was just bewteen mavics and shimano I would go with mavic because of the cartridge bearing system. Cup & cone is less than ideal.

Edited by patches

Love my XT's. Never had any issues and because they're properly tubeless they rarely lose air. No opinion on the Mavics though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody! I chose the Mavics. Great wheels and very happy so far! (not that there's anything wrong with the XT's)

Edited by lollos

I got the cross trails. Super cool, fairly light, nice and strong, look the busines and not to much of this KRRRRRR noise nonsense like a Hope or Chris King

I have both - both suck!

Edit: In both cases the hubs are terrible!

Edited by rob!