First mountain bike, help choose

iBike

Where is this special or marked down prices on the GT? my brother want's to get into the sport and also has about 5K to spend.

Also, the Serfas bike, where do you get that price for 5k? Think it retails in the region of R6150??

Edited by FuelEX

GT bikes you'll get at hatfield cycles and the serfas for k5 is at Solomons Lynwood road. They only got a large serfas xcr3 left.

What about that new brand , Pygo or Pyro

If you refering to PYGA bikes, you'll get the Zero29 HT frame ONLY at this budget. Add a zero and you can build the OneTen29 full bike...

Another newbie here on the Hub looking for advice:

I'm also looking for a new mountain bike to get me into the sport (was a roadie, back in the day, so I know a little).

I've narrowed it down to a Axis A60, Silverback Stride 10 and the Silverback Alpine 3 (if I stretch my budget).

The Axis has awesome components for the price, but I am concerned about the unknown hubs and rims but the remote lock out is really cool. Another factor is that I just bought the A60 for my fiance' and I'm not sure that matching bikes is gonna do my off-street cred any good ;-)

Right now, the gut says Alpine 3 and the head says A60.

HELP!!!

Apparently some Silverback Mercury 29er frames was recalled in 2011 and replaced because of a rear suspension defect. How would I know if I buy a secondhand frame if it is still one with the defect or if it is a safe one that has been replaced? I can Email a Pic if someone can help pls?

Apparently some Silverback Mercury 29er frames was recalled in 2011 and replaced because of a rear suspension defect. How would I know if I buy a secondhand frame if it is still one with the defect or if it is a safe one that has been replaced? I can Email a Pic if someone can help pls?

This issue is probably worthy of it's own topic?