Long Weekend Riding (27 April to 1 May)

Smolly

Here we go again...

Same as the Easter Weekend Riding Fred, I'm sure many of us are travelling or are riding somewhere, so why not try and meet up with fellow hubbers.

I'll kick it off.

I'll be at Sun City (my home) except for Saturday when i'll be at the MTB race in Thabazimbi. Might do a ride at Sundown Ranch (nearby) if i find someone to ride with.

PM me if you in the area and wish to join

Happy riding!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather permitting . . . . .

Road ride on Friday morning at the Cradle.

MTB ride Saturday morning at Northern Farm

Road ride Saturday afternoon at the Cradle

Road ride Sunday sometime - not sure where yet . . . . but probably the Cradle again. . . .

Lots of steady riding planned. Not training for anything at the moment.

B.

I'll be at Sun City (my home) except for Saturday when i'll be at the MTB race in Thabazimbi.

Is this the one run inside the Game Reserve? If it is, one stunning ride, especialy the section along the banks of the river under the Fever Trees.

Enjoy it.

That's the one.

Haven't decided on if I should do the 65 or the 35. What your thoughts Wannabe?

65 km. :clap: Gives you more time to ride in an area where you'll normaly not be able to ride.

If its still the same, you are doing loops, and the only technical section is a climb up a rocky kopjie, and then the single track down and through a section with lots of treestumps. (carefull for sidewall cuts)

The section on the river bank and through the river is stunning. Dunno how much rain you had the summer, so dust can be a problem.

Rain? What's that?

So 65km it is. Will take it easy and enjoy the scenary.

Lots of Game to be seen. Enjoy your ride.

Weather permitting . . . . .

Road ride on Friday morning at the Cradle.

MTB ride Saturday morning at Northern Farm

Road ride Saturday afternoon at the Cradle

Road ride Sunday sometime - not sure where yet . . . . but probably the Cradle again. . . .

Lots of steady riding planned. Not training for anything at the moment.

B.

We doing a road ride Friday from Design Quarter, to cradle and back if anyone would like to join.

Tuesday 1st May - out to Harties and back... (140km), with a breakfast stop in Harties...

Waterval Boven.

A little known trail riding jewel built by Glenn Harrison which doesn't see too many riders. Bring your long travel bike, your most aggressive tyres and all your skillz. If you are a wuss there is plenty of district road through the forests.

Mankele is just around the corner too in the unlikely event that you somehow become bored or tired there.

We doing a road ride Friday from Design Quarter, to cradle and back if anyone would like to join.

Tuesday 1st May - out to Harties and back... (140km), with a breakfast stop in Harties...

Is the friday ride a club only ride? Sounds like it could be good..... Are you riding up to ontdekkers first?