RIDICULOUS COSTS FOR RACES

keepin up

I did 3 races in the last month, and I got my entry fee back in prize money each time.

So the answer is simple, get fit enough win your catergory and earn your fee entry back.

Nice one, well done :thumbup: Was thereanyone else in the catergery :whistling: Edited by Caerus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Amashova the race entry is by far the smallest part of the price, unless you live in Pmb or Durban and self-service your bike and make your own energy drinks, lunch and dinner. For people who have to travel, pay to get their bike fixed, stay in hired accommodation, drive a rented car (or have mad toll fees), buy energy drinks and spares...a R285 race entry isn't the limiting factor in how many races they'll do a year.

Edited by Zook

Guest Frail4Life

STOP Spending your doug on Upgrades and Go ride the bike!

why is it that there is no control for the entry costs for a race.

Because we live in South Africa, not Cuba, thank goodness for that. If you cant afford it, dont ride.

The entry fee is not the big issue, its when you add the petrol to get there, a few beers, supplements and possibly a bite to eat, then it becomes crazy.

A race never costs less than R500.

Edit: and don't forget toll gates ;)

Edited by Smolster

The entry fee is not the big issue, its when you add the petrol to get there, a few beers, supplements and possibly a bite to eat, then it becomes crazy.

A race never costs less than R500.

Edit: and don't forget toll gates ;)

Ja, thats right, got to choose your races a lot closer to home these days.

why is it that there is no control for the entry costs for a race. Surely we are not succeeding in promoting road racing, when you are paying R285.00 for a 100k race and R130 for a 40k race. AND these are the "early bird" fees, ie a discounted price!

Cyclists should do something about it!

wot you complaining about ??YOU DONT KNOW HOW CHEAP YOU GOT IT . overseas like australia and new zealand you pay on average $85 (R540) for a typical 100k race with no t-shirt of sponsors bag,

why is it that there is no control for the entry costs for a race. Surely we are not succeeding in promoting road racing, when you are paying R285.00 for a 100k race and R130 for a 40k race. AND these are the "early bird" fees, ie a discounted price!

Cyclists should do something about it!

dont enter if you feel you are not getting value. simple.