French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeepers, how to make your buddy sound like a talented rider..... What actually happened. We where taking it easy down a green trail all the jumps had been tables and all a little short so we come around the corner and I hit the next jump in the Main riding line and it turned out to be a Black Gap jump(not good to notice once already airborn). Who puts a Gap jump on a Green trail WTF From the damages it looks like I 50/50 the landing. Rear triangle dented the seat post tube and it looks like the fork bottomed out from the look of the bars. The worst part is they put a bridge there the next day. . . . I will definately be going back next year, I only had 2 days of jam packed riding and they where AWESOME, best riding iv ever done. The riding is Amazing. The public hospital at Thonon is like a 5 star hotel with FHM models as your nurses ;)

Wow and some guy chose to steal the bike after it was that damaged. Anyways, as I said earlier we need pictures of your trip!

I really wanna go next year!

Guest Omega Man

Hence the smiley! ROFL. And yes, I am still jealous.

Make it happen bro. this is what you do. Save 2k a month between now and December. That's 10k. BAM! Trip done. You can do a week for 14k

You can even justify it to the wife. I'm only going for 1 week babe.

Make it happen bro. this is what you do. Save 2k a month between now and December. That's 10k. BAM! Trip done. You can do a week for 14k

You can even justify it to the wife. I'm only going for 1 week babe.

ROFL. Next year's tax return. That's what I'm telling myself.

And at the moment dude, EVERYTHING is going to the baby, and paying docs bills & credit cards.

Guest Omega Man

Wow and some guy chose to steal the bike after it was that damaged. Anyways, as I said earlier we need pictures of your trip!

I really wanna go next year!

There will be saffa's going next year again. our crew is already scoping out dates. The current provisional departure date is 19 July. It's out of school holidays.

We are going Emirates or BA. BA will be around 3k more expensive cos we'll have to pay an extra GBP35.00 for the bikes and the tickets are more expensive. However. The travel time is MUCH shorter which translates into money for those of us that sell time and you arrive in the morning which means you get to ride on day 1. Which also translates into $.

I can't believe I'm already making plans for next year.

My wife is an addiction councilor and she reckons my Morzine obsession has all the hallmarks of an addiction.

Guest Omega Man

And at the moment dude, EVERYTHING is going to the baby, and paying docs bills & credit cards.

Make the decision and everything else will start falling in to place.

Make the decision and everything else will start falling in to place.

so true. I will do it, that's for sure. It's just a case of when. And my wife has plans to resign sometime next year, so the pressure is on. Once stuff falls into place on that side though, you can be sure I'll be going along.

Guest Omega Man

There's a track at Chatel called La Serpentine. I reckon conservatively it's got 30 berms/wallrides on it. It's worth going there just for that trail.

Guest Omega Man

Kifff vids, dude! Makes it all the more wonderful!

Yeah. the unfortunate truth is it took them 2 days to make that 6 mins of video. That's why most of us didn't partake in the process. I was there to ride. Not to session the same 60m of track 10 times. I do that at Tokai.

Yeah. the unfortunate truth is it took them 2 days to make that 6 mins of video. That's why most of us didn't partake in the process. I was there to ride. Not to session the same 60m of track 10 times. I do that at Tokai.

Im in for next year bro,chatted to greg about it a bit, he says his mechanic Marshy lives in morzine so he could organise me free accom,and I have the bucks as I dont have to buy another dh rig next year

Guest Omega Man

Im in for next year bro,chatted to greg about it a bit, he says his mechanic Marshy lives in morzine so he could organise me free accom,and I have the bucks as I dont have to buy another dh rig next year

So Greg must have ridden that bike hard hey seeing as he's effectively giving it to an old lady. ;)

Did Greg tell you how ridiculously sick Morzine is?

So Greg must have ridden that bike hard hey seeing as he's effectively giving it to an old lady. ;)

Did Greg tell you how ridiculously sick Morzine is?

haha it got built for champery last year and then came to SA, its got 220 mm rotors haha

Guest Omega Man

haha it got built for champery last year and then came to SA, its got 220 mm rotors haha

Nice. you gonna leave those on there?