French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

There's a track at Chatel called La Serpentine. I reckon conservatively it's got 30 berms/wallrides on it. It's worth going there just for that trail.

Serpentine was cool, but braking bumps in the berms were bad. It's pre-quel however (la Panoramic)... amazing! Fast, flowy, fun!

I can't believe I'm already making plans for next year.

My wife is an addiction councilor and she reckons my Morzine obsession has all the hallmarks of an addiction.

Peach and I are already scheming dates for next year and we only got back yesterday :lol:

As for the Morzine addiction... I hope you got a touristy T-shirt to confess with

http://img.tapatalk.com/29845c71-780b-8a45.jpg

Edited by patches

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How was the overall condition of the tracks? Lots of brake bumps?

Any missing bridges? :whistling:

Well the trails were very wet (but still fun) today. Got some good practice in riding in muddy conditions. I personally haven't seen any missing bridges & in general all the wooden obstacles are well maintained. Les Gets was still full of braking bumps today, but the damp conditions took the edge off a lot of the bumps. All in all, aother great day out!

Now for some cheap Ed (Dia) beer. Cheers!

hahaha! I think Hog might be referring to 1 particular bridge over a certain jump. One which appeared mysteriously a day or 2 after Peach's ongeluk

You know me too well, young patch.

The brake bumps do put me off though, also one of the reasons I don't like going to Leogang any more. The parks popularity is also it's downfall because the main trails are so bad you can't really enjoy them.

A lot of parks don't really do much maintenance, unless there's a big event coming.

You know me too well, young patch.

The brake bumps do put me off though, also one of the reasons I don't like going to Leogang any more. The parks popularity is also it's downfall because the main trails are so bad you can't really enjoy them.

A lot of parks don't really do much maintenance, unless there's a big event coming.

Harden up,thats part of the experience to ride rough trails that you wouldn't ride back home,never thought Id hear someone moaning about rough trails where the hardest thing was sitting on a ski lift up,you are too spoilt for choice. Hit the gym and strengthen your hands.

Guest Omega Man

Harden up,thats part of the experience to ride rough trails that you wouldn't ride back home,never thought Id hear someone moaning about rough trails where the hardest thing was sitting on a ski lift up,you are too spoilt for choice. Hit the gym and strengthen your hands.

Bru. Unless you've been there you need to keep your mouth in check. The trails are long. and rough. It's fine on the first and 2nd days. but after 3 4 and 5 days it's tough. Hitting 15 5km runs a day is hard on the body.

Edited by Omega Man

Bru. Unless you've been there you need to keep your mouth in check. The trails are long. and rough. It's fine on the first and 2nd days. but after 3 4 and 5 days it's tough. Hitting 15 5km runs a day is hard on the body.

im not saying its not difficult,im saying thats one of the reasons i want to go,to experience those rough trails,you dont get that in sa.

Braking bumps are over rated. I wouldn't travel here for the bumps, but they are unfortunately part of the package. That said there are loads of trails that have very few braking bumps on them, you just have to stay off the main lines.

The braking bumps on certain tracks are rather nasty. Rough i don't mind... rocky, rooty... That's fun. But nothing fun about the braking bumps in the berms on most of Les Gets. When one has to stop a couple of times on the way down because their hands feel like they've been savaged by a hive of wasps, and one's fingers are so weak that they can barely hold onto the bars as one pulls up to manual or jump. Not fun...

But it does get easier after 2-3 days. And as super_mil says, not all tracks have such bad braking bumps. And i would definitely NOT hesitate to go again, just because of the braking bumps. Minor price to pay for out of this world riding

Damn, I didn't realise all I needed was a gym membership. I guess I can sell the DH rig and take my DJ toy to the parks from now on!

Damn, I didn't realise all I needed was a gym membership. I guess I can sell the DH rig and take my DJ toy to the parks from now on!

please dont, I wouldnt want you to hurt your wrists and ankles in the parking lot while offloading your bike

Guest Omega Man

The braking bumps on certain tracks are rather nasty. Rough i don't mind... rocky, rooty... That's fun. But nothing fun about the braking bumps in the berms on most of Les Gets. When one has to stop a couple of times on the way down because their hands feel like they've been savaged by a hive of wasps, and one's fingers are so weak that they can barely hold onto the bars as one pulls up to manual or jump. Not fun...

But it does get easier after 2-3 days. And as super_mil says, not all tracks have such bad braking bumps. And i would definitely NOT hesitate to go again, just because of the braking bumps. Minor price to pay for out of this world riding

Did you manage any full runs? Last year I never managed a single full run on pleney or la rou libre. This year I trained my arms and hands and I managed quite a few.