French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

FOR SALE

Maxxis High Roller DH tire. Dual Ply. 2.5. Super Tacky

Only used for 8 -10 days max, so basically like new ;).

Tire only! R300

post-3245-0-55666600-1349853865_thumb.jpg

post-3245-0-79766400-1349853887_thumb.jpg

post-3245-0-39356500-1349853895_thumb.jpg

I'm sure Mr Christmas Tree will take it! He even wanted the mud from my bike from the trip. He's sentimental like that!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having coffee this morning when I tripped and spilt coffee on my laptop. My laptop must have short curcuited cos it booked my plane ticket for next year. Guess I'll have to go now. Damn.

I hate it when **** like that happens.

Oh well I guess you'll just have to endure another DH trip to the alps.

Guest Omega Man

I hate it when **** like that happens.

Oh well I guess you'll just have to endure another DH trip to the alps.

I'm not mentioning any specific airlines but think red flag with a crescent moon and a little star are having RIDICULOUS specials at the moment. They also fly bikes for free (within a weight limit) It's AMAZING that my spilt coffee knew this and booked.

Guest Omega Man

6k Cape Town-Geneva. And back again. Oh and it's a lot more direct than Emirates so we arrive at 10.30 on day 1 which means we get to ride on day 1. And on the last day we fly out in the evening so we get to ride on the last day too.

I was having coffee this morning when I tripped and spilt coffee on my laptop. My laptop must have short curcuited cos it booked my plane ticket for next year. Guess I'll have to go now. Damn.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Guest Omega Man

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Don't laugh. buy a damned ticket.

6k Cape Town-Geneva. And back again. Oh and it's a lot more direct than Emirates so we arrive at 10.30 on day 1 which means we get to ride on day 1. And on the last day we fly out in the evening so we get to ride on the last day too.

Awe. Some. Ness ness ness...

Damn! That's some good prices!

with who? with who?

...and what about the luggage weight?

Guest Omega Man

Awe. Some. Ness ness ness...

Damn! That's some good prices!

Ja. Jees. To put things into perspective I was in JHB the other day and was chatting to a guy who had bought a Kulua.shite ticket from JHB to Cape Town for 4k. ONE WAY!!!

Guest Omega Man

with who? with who?

...and what about the luggage weight?

Turkish. From JHB it's even more embarrassingly cheap. Luggage bike counts as sports equipment. 32kg limit on that and normal luggage limit is 20kg.

These are our deets if you are keen. Obviously you will fly out of Joburg. but check out the departure and arrival times for Geneve. It means we get to ride on day 1 bru.

Cape Town - Istanbul

TK0041

CPT-IST

15:40

Saturday

05:40

Sunday

arrival next day

THY

Economy/W

Istanbul - Geneva

TK1917

IST-GVA

08:10

Sunday

10:25

Sunday

THY

Economy/W

Geneva - Istanbul

TK1920

GVA-IST

18:30

Tuesday

22:35

Tuesday

THY

Economy/L

Istanbul - Cape Town

TK0040

IST-CPT

00:55

Wednesday

13:10

Wednesday

THY

Economy/L

Guest Omega Man

go to whistler - its really much better.

Have you been to both? The prob with Whistler is that it's about as far as you can get from SA whilst still being on the planet. So 3 days of travel each way and massive jetlag. But ja. It's deff on the to do list.

OM, is the French government giving you backhanders?

If not, they should be.

WRT to Whistler, it would be cool but for the cost of the air ticket to get to the other side of the world you can do 2 weeks in France. Not to mention the wasted riding time in getting to & from Canada. It would be cool, but it makes no sense WRT time and cash.