MTB Tires - Which Brand?

Iwan Kemp

MTB Tires  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of MTB tires do you buy?

• Bontrager
    • Continental
    • Geax
    • Hutchinson
    • Intense
    • Kenda
    • Maxxis
    • Michelin
    • Nokian
    • Onza
    • Panaracer
    • Pacenti
    • Schwalbe
    • Specialized
    • Tioga
    • Vredestein
    • WTB
    • RITCHEY

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's not on the list either - OnOne Smorgasbord Trail Extreme. If you're looking for a tough, well gripping fit-and-forget tyre, this is right up there. I'm sold (thanks Ryanpmb!)

Scwhalbe RR snakeskin !!!

I insist on it

I like the Snakeskins but they are K%^%^K to corner with?? or am I just not talented enough to always correct the front end washing out?

I like the Snakeskins but they are K%^%^K to corner with?? or am I just not talented enough to always correct the front end washing out?

which bike?

After my recent experience with Conti XKings, I've started using Onza's - and so far my experience, (grip, rolling, feel, wear) have been top notch!

Rocket Rons? It's not the casing, it's the tyre. Unless you go trailstar and run them at super low pressures, they just aren't a front tire. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'fitted 26" conti racer kings, protection tubeless ready. Excellent rolling resistant. Fair bit of grip. I like a bit of drifting but nor too much. Used for xc and trail riding. We will test it's durability. Tires is not cheap these days. R700 EACH

I use Spez Ground Control. 2.3 in front and 2.1 in the back. Works for me and price wasn't to bad either.

• 4 weeks later...