Specialized S-works Epic 29er Build !

Elan Sarkis

Hi there ,

I am getting a new 2012 specialized epic s-works 29er frame in soon and am not sure exactly what to spec it up with , as i realize this is quite a good frame so i would need components to match .

Any advice?

Thanks

Fox Factory fork (Float 29 Terralogic Tapered QR15)

Magura MT8 brakes

Sram X0 2x10 drivetrain

Enve carbon bar, stem & seat post

Enve carbon rims on Chris King hubs

Schwalbe Racing Ralf Evo Snakeskin tyres

Crank Bros Candy pedals

Ergon GS2 Leichtbau Carbon Grips

Gore cables (full outers)

Whatever saddle fits your ass

OK - I'll have a go at my dream build for your frame...

Sid World Cup 15mm tapered fork

Full XTR 2x10

Enve Bar, Stem & Seatpost

Enve Carbon Rims on Industry Nine Hubs

Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo Snakeskin tyres

ESI Chunky grips

Saddle as appropriate...

Keep it real - Your frame should come with a Brain fork and Brain rear shock, so no need to source your suspension. It should also come with a S-Works seatpost. Just add a groupset of your choice, either XTR or XX, a S-Works 680 mm handlebar, a S-Works stem, and a Specialized saddle of your choice, either Romin or Phenom. Now the wheels. Your frame can only accomodate a 142+ rear hub, which will also be included in your frameset, so just add a set of Roval Control SL carbon wheels, and you are ready to ride.

Any advice?

What's your budget?

Keep it real - Your frame should come with a Brain fork and Brain rear shock, so no need to source your suspension. It should also come with a S-Works seatpost. Just add a groupset of your choice, either XTR or XX, a S-Works 680 mm handlebar, a S-Works stem, and a Specialized saddle of your choice, either Romin or Phenom. Now the wheels. Your frame can only accomodate a 142+ rear hub, which will also be included in your frameset, so just add a set of Roval Control SL carbon wheels, and you are ready to ride.

Surely it would have been cheaper to buy a complete bike than to go this route?