Blood Pressure

Garfield2010

Firstly what meds are you on? Is it a beta blocker to slow your heart rate down or is it a diuretic. How old are you and what is your weight and height. If I read your BP correctly it was 135/80 at home and the 150/100. The first one is normal for average male. The second one is a bit worrying depending on what you were doing at the time and if you have a chronic BP problem. Firstly was the measurement taken properly? When doing your blood pressure especially with those little machines it ia advisable to sit still for atleast two min even after just a normal walk. Caffeine intake can influence it but only if you have a heart rate above 100 at rest. Stress would elevate it as well even if you are not aware of it. Always do the blood pressure on the other arm as well to then get an average. One blood pressure measurement does not mean yout blood pressure is up. Rather do regular checks and discuss then with your doctor prescribing your meds. Keep very still as well when doing the measurement, do not even move your arm. If you are using a beta blocker medication drinking lots of coffee is going to counter your meds. Hope this helps.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that not a bit high man? What did the doc say about the BP pressure at work?

blood tests and then seeing him again next week. May need medication. I am already on chronic cholestrol meds, so yay... It looks like its all hereditory.

blood tests and then seeing him again next week. May need medication. I am already on chronic cholestrol meds, so yay... It looks like its all hereditory.

Eating oats everyday helps lower cholesterol. Garlic capsules and omega 3 supplements help as well. You can buy fennel tea at health shops as well to help lower cholesterol.

Firstly what meds are you on? Is it a beta blocker to slow your heart rate down or is it a diuretic. How old are you and what is your weight and height. If I read your BP correctly it was 135/80 at home and the 150/100. The first one is normal for average male. The second one is a bit worrying depending on what you were doing at the time and if you have a chronic BP problem. Firstly was the measurement taken properly? When doing your blood pressure especially with those little machines it ia advisable to sit still for atleast two min even after just a normal walk. Caffeine intake can influence it but only if you have a heart rate above 100 at rest. Stress would elevate it as well even if you are not aware of it. Always do the blood pressure on the other arm as well to then get an average. One blood pressure measurement does not mean yout blood pressure is up. Rather do regular checks and discuss then with your doctor prescribing your meds. Keep very still as well when doing the measurement, do not even move your arm. If you are using a beta blocker medication drinking lots of coffee is going to counter your meds. Hope this helps.

Trust me I do not have cholesterol

I have coversyl + at the moment

My pulse is around 65

I am relatvely fit. Run like half marathons every weekend.

Eating oats everyday helps lower cholesterol. Garlic capsules and omega 3 supplements help as well. You can buy fennel tea at health shops as well to help lower cholesterol.

Thanks Mario

Coversyl is an ACE inhibitor which lowers your blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels. Think of water running through a hose, as soon as the hose diameter gets bigger the water pressure drops. The cholesterol post was for @facmp.

Coversyl is an ACE inhibitor which lowers your blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels. Think of water running through a hose, as soon as the hose diameter gets bigger the water pressure drops. The cholesterol post was for @facmp.

Thanks Doc

Wil keep monitoring

There is also a product called STREX-5M (Herbal Product) manufactured by

BACFO (Basic Ayurvedic Concepts & Formulations) that is pretty good at reducing stress related BP.

I keep them in my draw and when my staff drive me nutty I ....take a chill pill !

Not sure how this would impact you though if you're already on BP meds.

Take your BP device and calibrate it with the MD's mercury driven thingy.

Also remember the "new" method of taking BP is sitting up with the tourniquet at the same height as your heart.

Remember age also affect BP limits

Edited by eccentric1

There is also a product called STREX-5M (Herbal Product) manufactured by

BACFO (Basic Ayurvedic Concepts & Formulations) that is pretty good at reducing stress related BP.

I keep them in my draw and when my staff drive me nutty I ....take a chill pill !

Not sure how this would impact you though if you're already on BP meds.

Where do I find these?

Thanks Doc

Wil keep monitoring

Not quite a doctor but I do work in the medical field

Take your BP device and calibrate it with the MD's mercury driven thingy.

Also remember the "new" method of taking BP is sitting up with the tourniquet at the same height as your heart.

Remember age also affect BP limits

OK!

Did that

87 - 145

Pulse 61

Is it normal to have a BP of 80 - 135 at home but 100 - 150 at work (8 hours)?

Please could only informed persons answer............

If you have a job like mine, I'd say that's pretty chilled...

@Garfield - please confirm that 145/87 and the first BP's posted is while on your meds and following the prescribed dosages?

Yes that is correct V12man

I take one Coversyl + pill every morning at 06h00.

I have been on this for the last 4 months. My BP used to be much higher.

It is ok at home. I am just worried that it gets too high at work.

Try different BP meds. I went through 3 different types over a period of a year to find one that actually works.