Grip shift on 29er

tunariaan

i currently have a good specced Scott hardtail and want to swop to grip shift

How do you guys compare this to normal shifting?

Would you safe any weigth and what the pos and the neg about it?

what would be the top sram component to put on and where i SA can n get it at what price

Any other info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Not sure if the new 10speed stuff has arrive yet though?

It would be sram xx as the best

Why do you say it is the best thing ever

@udxcob-ek het geweet iemand gaan iet s te se het oor die 29er, by the way size does matter, dis wat my burvrou gese het....lol

Also looking for grip shifters, but seems like I'm in too much of a hurry for the 10speed versions.

@Tunariaan: Not sure what components are on your bike, but bear in mind that Shimano and SRAM rear shifters are not compatible... OK, there are some SRAM 9speed shifters compatible with Shimano, but it isn't the 'normal' X-5/7/9/0/XX stuff

First batch of 10spd gripshifts will be here by the end of the month. Best get your order in as most are pre-sold already. Difference between XX and X0 is negligible. Small that doesn't justify the price-hike.

The size of your wheels indeed has nothing to do with your shifters or what watch you are wearing. :whistling:

Pro's

Gripshits are quite a bit lighter

You can drop or climb full cassette with one fowl swoop

Front der can be trimmed to eradicate chain rub

No need to remove thumb or any other finger from the bar to shift

Con's

Personal preference is the only thing really

Myths

Accidental shifts - haven't made an accidental shift in at least three years

Old tech - The original Attack gripshifts gave the system a bit of a bad rep. That's a thing of the past.

If the 2x10 gripshift was available I would have it on. Best thing ever. Only thing you might find is that your thumbs joints may get sore when you first start using it cos the gripshift is slightly thicker than a standard grip. After a few rides you shoud be used to it.

The new 2 x 10 Gripshifts also have metal bearings (3 sets). This adds to the life of the product and aparantly enhances the "feel" of the shift. I'll be upgrading my drive train to X0 2x10 in a few months with Gripshift of course :)

I love my 3 x 9 XO shifters. Last time I checked CWC had stock for about R700 for a pair of Gripshifts (got a set for my tandem just before Argus).

Another slight drawback is that in extreme wet weather shifting may be harder with wet hands, but I have never struggled with this before.

Baie dankie vir al julle raad ek dink dis def die moeite werd om dit te kry

Dis nogals duur het nie verwag dit sal soveel wees nie

Ek het tans die Scott scale pro met n xo derailer , sal dit pas as ek xo opsit of moet ek nog goed verander

Thanks

Baie dankie vir al julle raad ek dink dis def die moeite werd om dit te kry

Dis nogals duur het nie verwag dit sal soveel wees nie

Ek het tans die Scott scale pro met n xo derailer , sal dit pas as ek xo opsit of moet ek nog goed verander

Thanks

Jy hoef niks verder te verander as jy reed die X0 10spoed rear derailer het nie. Het 9 spoed X0 gripshift gery laaste 3 jaar, was briljant. Gaan binnekort terug verander na 10 spoed gripshift,eers wiele upgrade.

Edited by The Search