Grip shift on 29er

tunariaan

First batch of 10spd gripshifts will be here by the end of the month. Best get your order in as most are pre-sold already. Difference between XX and X0 is negligible. Small that doesn't justify the price-hike.

The size of your wheels indeed has nothing to do with your shifters or what watch you are wearing. :whistling:

Pro's

Gripshits are quite a bit lighter

You can drop or climb full cassette with one fowl swoop

Front der can be trimmed to eradicate chain rub

No need to remove thumb or any other finger from the bar to shift

Con's

Personal preference is the only thing really

Myths

Accidental shifts - haven't made an accidental shift in at least three years

Old tech - The original Attack gripshifts gave the system a bit of a bad rep. That's a thing of the past.

On the new 2x10 SRAM you cannot adjust the front to eradicate chain rub because the left is also indexed (2 positions). They are also smack in the middle of XX and XO triggers as far as weight goes. Already ordered mine......!!

Note that Gripshifts are SRAM's 1:1 ratio (applicable to the rear)

Also later models even on the 9 speed do not allow 'trimming' on the FD, three (or two) discrete clicks

I've been using X0 9 speeds for years, almost maintenance free, lasted well no hassles. The actual (synthetic) rubber grip is replaceable

• 2 weeks later...

Had gripshift on my previous bike (9spd) - never looked back. Like the man said - easier and quicker shifting. and it also frees up clutter on your handlebar. When I upgraded to new bike (10spd) Gripshift was not out as yet. Will however wait for the price to come down first.