An Ibis SL-R is born (The Crow's Mojo V3.0)

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can do. Only one condition, we swop at the top! I'll even lend her to you for a weekend or so...what's the worse that can happen?

Done. Pant, pant, argh! Thud.

That's the noise I make when.I get to the top...

At one stage we were worried that this thread will go on for several pages before there'll be actual pics posted...not any more!

My frame there yet? You better not be holding out on me!

Nice colour Crow. They must be special if you keep coming back to them. If Mampara were here, he'd say, nothing's changed. I personally would love to try a Ripley... Enjoy the build and the ride, of course.. What about a matching POC rubberised helmet?

They are! If it's a POC it'll be ORANGE! Yes, I have a bit of Zef in me

Done. Pant, pant, argh! Thud.

That's the noise I make when.I get to the top...

Sounds familiar!

Well done met die keuse op die ou end. Dis 'n vrek mooi raam daai!

Sterkte met die bou! Hoop als gaan goed. Post daai pics!

At one stage we were worried that this thread will go on for several pages before there'll be actual pics posted...not any more!

post-2031-0-35127100-1337146791.jpg

Ah I see where this is going.. put that kit back in the box with the other riff-raff orders! :cursing:

Oh - quick favourite to ask of you... When she's built, we take our steeds to tokai (My GT your SLR) and we go swopsies for 10 mins or so... Hit up Mamba/Boomslang/Snake eyes a couple of times. You can see what a 25kg bike feels like, and I see what's on my wishlist...

Er... in this case I would say "DON't listen to Mayhem".

So How did you go for your 3rd IBS...and not give the Nomad carbon a go..FFS...

Guest TheBushpig

Flip, what a cool project. I used to build/rebuild (motor)bikes for fun; haven't done anything like this in ages.

All the best for the build; looks like one awesome bike. :thumbup: I'll get one too when I'm big.

It's the 90's dude, get wif it! Rode the Nomad C a couple of times...eh...well...long story. Over a beer kinda long story.

Shop just dropped me a WhatsApp to say the frame has arrived! It's all happening so fast...I'm not ready yet!

It's the 90's dude, get wif it! Rode the Nomad C a couple of times...eh...well...long story. Over a beer kinda long story.

Shop just dropped me a WhatsApp to say the frame has arrived! It's all happening so fast...I'm not ready yet!

Im just jelous Crow.. Trou is nie grappies nie :lol:

Toemaar Bos, moenie sleg voel nie. Ek het hard probeer om hom in die Intense rigting te stuur en dit het ook nie gewerk nie. ;)

When all was said and done and it came down to ordering an Ibis, I was contemplating going for a HD140 just to get one in Vitamin-P again. But decided to go with the SL-R and of the four color options it was really only the Matte Black (with blue) or Orange I would consider. Wanted to get the Orange, but would've had to wait 3-4 months for one so I went with the black - am a black bike fan anyway so not too bad.

Then when I knew it's black / blue I saw two bikes that inspired me to go with the dayglo / lime / lemon yellow with the blue and black. This Knolly was one of them:

post-1575-0-94352400-1337162634.jpg

I say again... Eeeeek!