Whatever you do dont fly mango

Baster Brak

So basically the Airlines & Mobile Companies can just do what they like and have no recourse, well I'm sorry but thats a load of bollocks. Surely they need to start taking some responsibilty for their cock-ups. How is that they can just get away with this type of service wiothout anything happening, its the same for stolen luggage. :cursing: :cursing:

I remember when I checked my bike in 2 years ago, that I had to sign a waiver that I couldn't hold the airline responsible for any damage.

It felt like no one took any responsibility for anything. So they could do what they like and not he held accountable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trail started today

adventure tomorrow

and i think race friday or next weekend

i think the op doing the adventure

my bad i think the op doing/supposed to be doing the race

sani2c Trail : 15 - 17 May 2012 (Registration 14 May 2012)

sani2c Adventure : 16 – 18 May 2012 (Registration 15 May 2012)

sani2c Race : 17 – 19 May 2012 (Registration 16 May 2012)

So basically the Airlines & Mobile Companies can just do what they like and have no recourse, well I'm sorry but thats a load of bollocks. Surely they need to start taking some responsibilty for their cock-ups. How is that they can just get away with this type of service wiothout anything happening, its the same for stolen luggage. :cursing: :cursing:

Not quite. You could seek recourse under the CPA, which states that the airline must refund the extra handling cost as they haven't supplied the service at the agreed time, and “in addition compensate the consumer for costs directly incidental to the supplier’s breach of the contract". Determining that extra cost would be a bunfight.

The stolen luggage issue they have tried to dodge by saying they compensate according to international aviation industry standards.

Not quite. You could seek recourse under the CPA, which states that the airline must refund the extra handling cost as they haven't supplied the service at the agreed time, and “in addition compensate the consumer for costs directly incidental to the supplier’s breach of the contract". Determining that extra cost would be a bunfight.

The stolen luggage issue they have tried to dodge by saying they compensate according to international aviation industry standards.

SAA has lost 3 of my bags and only paid me $120 each time.The last bag had 3 pairs of Merrells in and 2 of them were brand new.Had the receipts and they paid $120.

SAA has lost 3 of my bags and only paid me $120 each time.The last bag had 3 pairs of Merrells in and 2 of them were brand new.Had the receipts and they paid $120.

Yeah, but surely you fly with your own insurance and don't rely on the airline?

Yeah, but surely you fly with your own insurance and don't rely on the airline?

We don't need insurance over here.Only have on the cars and the house.

We don't need insurance over here.Only have on the cars and the house.

Not even Travel Insurance? Whenever I came to SA on holiday, I always had insurance, cost like R50 or something.

Not even Travel Insurance? Whenever I came to SA on holiday, I always had insurance, cost like R50 or something.

There you go.

Guest Omega Man

Jees. Sorry to hear that. Sucks when an airline urinates in your coffee. If it makes you feel any better last year my and my one mates bike didn't arrive in Geneva for our Morzine mountain biking holiday.

We flew Qatar from Cape Town. The internal flight was a BA flight and the bikes never made it from the BA flight onto the Qatar flight. We had to rent bikes (at MASSIVE expense) in Morzine for 2 day before our bikes arrived.

Riding an unfamiliar bike on Alpine downhill tracks was daunting to say the least. When we got back I spoke to the travel agent that had made the booking to inquire about them reimbursing us the rental of our bikes and was promptly told to get lost.

This year we are going Emirates.

I never bother with travel insurance either. Just another way for agents to bump up the price

Why not buy it online? Did you also not get extra travel insurance with your credit card or bank?

I never bother with travel insurance either. Just another way for agents to bump up the price

very clever of you.

until the airline loses $1000 of goodies and pays you $120....

Jees. Sorry to hear that. Sucks when an airline urinates in your coffee. If it makes you feel any better last year my and my one mates bike didn't arrive in Geneva for our Morzine mountain biking holiday.

We flew Qatar from Cape Town. The internal flight was a BA flight and the bikes never made it from the BA flight onto the Qatar flight. We had to rent bikes (at MASSIVE expense) in Morzine for 2 day before our bikes arrived.

Riding an unfamiliar bike on Alpine downhill tracks was daunting to say the least. When we got back I spoke to the travel agent that had made the booking to inquire about them reimbursing us the rental of our bikes and was promptly told to get lost.

This year we are going Emirates.

Would it not have been the Airlines fault and not the travel agent?

Why not buy it online? Did you also not get extra travel insurance with your credit card or bank?

Nope! The catch is in that "extra" you mention. Do you really need it?

Only insurance I have is on the car (they won't allow me to drive without it). No insurance on household goods.

I saw you can now insure your salary even. Insurance companies thrive on generating fear.

Nope! The catch is in that "extra" you mention. Do you really need it?

Only insurance I have is on the car (they won't allow me to drive without it). No insurance on household goods.

I saw you can now insure your salary even. Insurance companies thrive on generating fear.

The extra is normally free though :whistling: Well at least it is with my bank