dear mrclean, have you never heard of the north shore or wistler or wales? ...

debullet

Watching supercycling - andrew mclean recons south africa is becoming to mountainbiking what hawaii is to surfing?! WTF am I missing something?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure he checks the Hub regularly You can contact him here

Cycle Lab Nicol Grove Corner William Nicol Drive and Leslie Road Magaliessig, Fourways

Tel: 0117074700.

Wales? Seriously? I'm not sure the Epic would have the same international traction if it was based out of Swansea.

Quite simple really. Its a raa raa comment to get people excited about the sport in this country. Ooh look at us we are mtb central. Does it really matter? Fact is we have some **** hot mtb track in this country and that is all I really care about.

maybe you'd rather he'd said 'our mountain biking is quite good, almost as good as Wales. For the sake of accuracy and international modesty I'd like to categorically state that several other nations have much better mountain biking than us'. Instead he just said we are the ****. Reckless and ignorant in the extreme.

Well, its not as embarrasing as mr mcleans ignorant comment.

No. You can have all the cake.

Watching supercycling - andrew mclean recons south africa is becoming to mountainbiking what hawaii is to surfing?! WTF am I missing something?

He may be right if he was talking about XC riding. With the Epic, Sani2C, JHB2C, and an XC race every other weekend, it may well be.

For free ride, or all mountain etc, I don't think we come close.

Edited by Richard Best

Wales? Seriously? I'm not sure the Epic would have the same international traction if it was based out of Swansea.

Yip, seriously. If events like the epic are you're thing that's cool. But the quality of the mountain biking trails in wales are far superior than anything in SA. Swansea and cape town not a relevant comparison here - I'm talking mountain biking not cities.

He may be right if he was talking about XC riding. With the Epic, Sani2C, JHB2C, and an XC race every other weekend, it may well be.

For free ride, or all mountain etc, I don't think we come close.

Ya, agreed.

I'm talking mountain biking not cities.

Well, you sure as nuts were trying to compare something to something else. What exactly seems to only make sense in your mind.