Should I trade my Yeti 575 for 29'er HT????

Greg29

I currently have a 2009 Yeti 575 in good condition and I'm thinking of trading it in on a 29'er Hard Tail. Just not 100% sure on which make but the PYGA Zero29 is looking like a good option.

What do you guys who are 'in the know' think? :wacko:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you are not expecting a 29 HT to feel the same as a 26 ds...That is just a rumour... I am not in the know, but I was glad I kept my 5 inch 26er, whilst I enjoyed the 29 ht, my body didn't. You see I am soft, so now I have a 26 ds and a 29 ds.. Much better...

Depends .....how old you are....how fit you are.....and what kind of riding you plan to do mostly. 29er HT's are great for the short stuff and for racing, but if you want a bike that's fun and comfortable to ride for hours, think carefully before you change. I'm changing from a 29er HT to a FS.

Depends .....how old you are....how fit you are.....and what kind of riding you plan to do mostly. 29er HT's are great for the short stuff and for racing, but if you want a bike that's fun and comfortable to ride for hours, think carefully before you change. I'm changing from a 29er HT to a FS.

I'm fairly fit and will be 40 by the end of the year. The only event of note that I do is Sani2C, otherwise it's mostly short 60km odd races. The 29er FS idea also keeps popping up??????

No, keep your yeti, dont be a fool!

Maybe add a bike to your portfolio, but dont trade in.

when you realise your mistake, it will be too late and then you'll be sorry!

I'm fairly fit and will be 40 by the end of the year. The only event of note that I do is Sani2C, otherwise it's mostly short 60km odd races. The 29er FS idea also keeps popping up??????

I've been on a 29er HT for a year now, and while I have enjoyed it, I'm going 29er FS now! Keep your Yeti and go HT, or Go 29 FS, but I would go 29

FS if i were you.

I love my new 29er HT. Rode it at Sani2c and was well pleased with it. That being said I migrated from a 26 inch HT.

Absloutely. You can never have enough bikes. I have 9 in the stable of which 4 are mine. Next bike will probably be a steel 29er HT SS but I'm never going to sell the 26" trail bikes.

That's what I'm worried about. My 575 is in mint condition. Only problem is I don't have the cash to have both.

That's what I'm worried about. My 575 is in mint condition. Only problem is I don't have the cash to have both.

I feel your pain. Just sold my stumpy dual-susser to afford a 29er, only because I couldn't afford both. I nearly cried when the guy picked it up last week!

Solution - buy an On One / Cotic / Momsen frame, and build it up using "cheap" components. Loads of 2nd hand 29er forks & wheels going at the moment, and you'll be able to get a fantastic bike on a budget.

Solution - buy an On One / Cotic / Momsen frame, and build it up using "cheap" components. Loads of 2nd hand 29er forks & wheels going at the moment, and you'll be able to get a fantastic bike on a budget.

Hmm good point, certainly worth investigating.

NOOOO!!! Keep the wookie-bike!

Absloutely. You can never have enough bikes. I have 9 in the stable of which 4 are mine. Next bike will probably be a steel 29er HT SS but I'm never going to sell the 26" trail bikes.

Listen to V Cptn slick ;MY 575 IS IN MINT CONDITION that y its a keeper B)

Edited by GrubScrew