Cracked Bianchi

M L

Ja, not expecting anything.

I really don't want this turning into a who is telling the truth thing. I know I should have said something when I got the frame and notices the marks. My lack of knowledge at that time is to blame on my side. But I can assure you I did not crack the frame, I got it like that and thought it was ok. Why would I pay and receive a cracked frame was my argument.

@gummibear. Took it to croff cycles and they didn't notice it. Well I would like to see something happen but in the back of my mind its R2500 lost. So I am just hoping to get something or maybe another frame back.

5) As ek na die foto's kyk blyk dit of dit n klip hou by die las is waar frame gelas is.

Daar was nooit vir my vertel die frame was gelas nie?

Don't want to continue arguing on this.

Started this thread to get some info on contacting Bianchi. Lets keep it at that. Was my fault in taking this serious now so I am just hoping for the best. Nothing against Willem.

Will take this one on the chin, learn from my mistakes, and see what Connie gets sorted out.

Kindest regards,

Marinus.

Edited by wheelerdealer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, not expecting anything.

I really don't want this turning into a who is telling the truth thing. I know I should have said something when I got the frame and notices the marks. My lack of knowledge at that time is to blame on my side. But I can assure you I did not crack the frame, I got it like that and thought it was ok. Why would I pay and receive a cracked frame was my argument.

@gummibear. Took it to croff cycles and they didn't notice it. Well I would like to see something happen but in the back of my mind its R2500 lost. So I am just hoping to get something or maybe another frame back.

Don't want to continue arguing on this.

Started this thread to get some info on contacting Bianchi. Lets keep it at that. Was my fault in taking this serious now so I am just hoping for the best. Nothing against Willem.

Will take this one on the chin, learn from my mistakes, and see what Connie gets sorted out.

Kindest regards,

Marinus.

Well heres the info carbon frames crack a lot easier than aluminum frames, generally one hit form a rock on your BB will cause damage to most carbon frames espeically if you knock it at speed, Hence why I would never consider a carbon frame unless i use it purely for races. Its not worth the money vs durability.

That said, carbon you can fix most of the time aluminium if cracked is useless.

The lesson learned here is that yes inspect the goods upon receipt, lesson 2 always insure your bike if it was insured you could have insurance pay you out and that frame you could have insured for 10k +. And lastly if you ride carbon treat it like a eggshell cause thats what it is essentially. especially around the joints and BB.

It's the way it was made.

Some frames are molded with no joints and some have all the pieces "glued" together.

repairing it will cost on the other side of R1500...want a 29er so cutting my losses will be better. Either connie will do the right thing or I will sell it for like R1300 or so and move on. Not making the mistake again of buying without viewing. Or at least asking for 10 pics before I do an eft...

Who you planning on selling a cracked frame to? :huh:

I can't believe the the same bikeshop that buld the bike for "wheelerdealer" said after a mounth of riding with the frame and strip it to sell again, says that its cracked. If i have sold the frame with the crack in the pics, they had to see it dont u think? But well i do have a good hubber rating and strive to give eveybody the best deal for there money. Im gona to buy the frame back from him because i whant to do bursiness with him again.

NS: i'm a "boertjie" so my spelling not so good - sorry .

thought I would let you guys know. I don't want to put connie in a bad light if he doesn't need it. Have talked to him and he will let me know tomorrow but it seems we might just come to a settlement. He will buy the frame and the bb it came with back for R1000.

I understand his side of the story as well. Here this guy comes 6 weeks later and saying he bought the frame cracked. I see myself as a honest person and he sees himself as a honest person so at the end of the day it's his word against mine. Conni has done a lot of deals here and I think it's unfair of me to judge him on this one deal.

Wow..I cant believe this. I knew the guy who had that frame before and it was in pretty good nic. Definitly agree with the above that how can you not spot something that obvious, you inspect it after delivery and when you build the bike and replaced the BB how can you mis it? After riding it for 6 weeks sound bit harsh to ask for n refund.

I did some buisness with coenie in the past and what a pleasure!

Seems like a bit unfair if you ask me..

Your first post and you comment on this thread? I smell a rat. While I'm on this topic. Connie has agreed to R1000 but nothing has happened since. He is just making excuses and stories and saying he has witnesses who saw the frame before hand. Giving him until sunday or there is going to drop a bomb. Whether I get my money or not. I do not want other people to also lose money on people who feels no shame in bullshitting others.

Connie is hiding behind the fact that he has done a lot of deals with "happy" customers. That doesn't mean anything in my books.

I was a total newbie to carbon, never would have thought someone would sell me a cracked frame so I thought it's fine. Croff cycles changed the parts. Haven't went to ask croff cycles if they saw the crack or not, but I asked them for a xt front derailleur on the same deal and they put on a slx and asked me R790 so their lack of awareness doesn't surprise me. You can actually call croff if you don't believe me.

http://www.thehubsa....-hubber-beware/ I rest my case.

Edited by wheelerdealer

Your first post and you comment on this thread? I smell a rat. While I'm on this topic. Connie has agreed to R1000 but nothing has happened since. He is just making excuses and stories and saying he has witnesses who saw the frame before hand. Giving him until sunday or there is going to drop a bomb. Whether I get my money or not. I do not want other people to also lose money on people who feels no shame in bullshitting others.

Connie is hiding behind the fact that he has done a lot of deals with "happy" customers. That doesn't mean anything in my books.

I was a total newbie to carbon, never would have thought someone would sell me a cracked frame so I thought it's fine. Croff cycles changed the parts. Haven't went to ask croff cycles if they saw the crack or not, but I asked them for a xt front derailleur on the same deal and they put on a slx and asked me R790 so their lack of awareness doesn't surprise me. You can actually call croff if you don't believe me.

http://www.thehubsa....-hubber-beware/ I rest my case.

So if I understand this right;

You didn't check the frame when you received it- especially knowing it was a second hand carbon mtb...and a bike shop built it up for you and 6 weeks later you want to complain about a crack in the frame??? And when the seller doesn't come to your rescue it's him being in the wrong...

Somehow I think that's rather unfair of you...

On a lighter note - you got the frame for a bargain price- just get the crack repaired.

It should be more than R1500.

I have had one of my GT Zaskar carbon frames repaired and it's been perfect ever since :)

So if I understand this right;

You didn't check the frame when you received it- especially knowing it was a second hand carbon mtb...and a bike shop built it up for you and 6 weeks later you want to complain about a crack in the frame??? And when the seller doesn't come to your rescue it's him being in the wrong...

Somehow I think that's rather unfair of you...

On a lighter note - you got the frame for a bargain price- just get the crack repaired.

It should be more than R1500.

I have had one of my GT Zaskar carbon frames repaired and it's been perfect ever since :)

No I did see how the frame looked, noticed a deep scratch but didn't think much of it.

Me and willem have an arrangement mr baker. He said he will call me the next day (never happened) we agreed on R1000 and I send him the frame back. He never kept me informed. Called him yesterday and said I want this thing over and done with, me and him have talked hard to each other and I want to move on. He said its cool. He keeps giving excuses and keeps adding tails to his original story. Never acting on agreements or promises.

I know I look dodgy for not noticing the crack the moment I got it...

I got this pm from Li Mu Bai. This made red flags come up all over again. After a few days I now know what character connie is and don't want people to walk into something like this again.

Tired off people ripping others off and even more tired of people throwing the phrase around "I am trustworthy, I am a Christian". Sorry if I come over a bit strong but I have been in the buying and selling business for a few years now. I have knocked my head a few times and things like this makes my blood boil.

Imho. Connie never touched the frame. I think he bought the frame and fork, he was shipped the cracked frame (he told methe person he bought it from shipped it to him in a box), never opened it, or if he did never did a decent inspection of the frame. put it up for sale and shipped it to me.

Or I am lying, got the frame, cracked it myself and is making a massive thing about this. For no refund.

Edited by wheelerdealer

?????????????

1. The frame that Wheelerdealer bought from me was inspected and cleaned after i've bought it from hubber Pierre J, and had no marks as on the pic above.

2. Pierre J and 2 of my local clients confirmed that there was no cracks on this frame.

3. After Wheelerdealer rode this bike frame for 6 weeks (between 350-400km/week according to him), he now contacted me and accused me that i've sold him a cracked frame.

4. Not happy that he now only contacted me after 6 weeks, i still offered to take back the frame @ R1000.

5. He told me Croff Cycles had build the bike for him, and i contacted Hein. He told me that if there were any mark or crack on the frame they would have noticed it immediately, because the mechanics always inspect and test it. That confirmed to me that i did not sell him a cracked frame.

6. Re the link: i think it's not fair for hubber Rude to post his link on all my ads on the hub. Don't even want to go there. My daughter was in a serious car accident and in hospital during that time in 2009. He was refunded. I was contacted by him immediately after receiving his handlebar and not 6 weeks afterwards!

Hubber Rude, you are being "rude" now?

7. I also buy on a regular basis on the hub, and not always happy with what i get, but that's the gamble for buying 2nd hand goods on the net.

8. Feel free to check out my hubber rating. I can provide you with numbers of many happy customers, i really try to do my best in every deal.

If is was a dishonest hubber like Wheelerdealer accused me of, i would not supply all my details like name, address etc. on the hub.

Thanks for all the hubbers that supports me. For me it's all about cycling and not about the money.

at your points:

1/2.) In the beginning I was told you BOUGHT the frame from a guy. Later I was told you SWAPPED the frame from a cycle dealer. Later I was told but there was one guy interested and he didn't have money to buy the frame and he didn't notice any cracks. Now I am told it was actually two guys?

3.) I think I have mentioned about 4 times now why I didn't think it was a crack.

4.) You not only offered me R1000 for the frame but we AGREED on it. Only to notice 2 days later (after receiving NO reply or feedback) that just like with Li Mu Bai, you are full of empty promises.

5.) Why didn't you sommer ask Hein why I got a SLX front derailleur instead of the quoted XT front derailleur, why NO form of chain protector was put on or why I was driving with a loose headset that afternoon?

6.) Oh it's not fair to warn people of your bad past? Only the good deals you have done that counts hey..!

8.) Just because you have happy customers doesn't mean you can't make mistakes. https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&section=traders&do=view_feedback&member_id=4365

What a top notch hubber rating you got going there!

"Thanks for all the hubbers that supports me. For me it's all about cycling and not about the money."

You sound like a politician.

Edited by wheelerdealer