Rebuilding my AM / trail rig

wesley_r

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode Tokai yesterday for the first time ever and the bike performed great and very dialled... the cockpit dimensions are now perfect, the 25mm rise / 760mm width of the Deity bars feels spot on! I also love the bike's geometry, which let me get away with murder. Even though there were some obstacles I was too nervous to try, I hit a lot of lines faster and smoother than I would have in the past, so my confidence is up and the bike is helping ;)

Now to get the chain guide fitted, and the new tyre (and convert back to tubeless) and then I'll weigh it just for interest's sake...

post-12904-0-07733900-1338797743.jpg

Rode Tokai yesterday for the first time ever and the bike performed great and very dialled... the cockpit dimensions are now perfect, the 25mm rise / 760mm width of the Deity bars feels spot on! I also love the bike's geometry, which let me get away with murder. Even though there were some obstacles I was too nervous to try, I hit a lot of lines faster and smoother than I would have in the past, so my confidence is up and the bike is helping ;)

Now to get the chain guide fitted, and the new tyre (and convert back to tubeless) and then I'll weigh it just for interest's sake...

Nice one Wes and the bike looks good ... I am P1$$ed that your beard is longer than mine ... will catch you.

Nice one Wes and the bike looks good ... I am P1$$ed that your beard is longer than mine ... will catch you.

:whistling:

Hey WES... bike looking good brother!!!!

Talking about tyre's... seem's like you gone a bit "tubeless" on the "front" already... :whistling: you should really get that fixed.

Love the beard. very jealous.

Nice 1 wes ,sled looking good,tokai looking awesome in the background, i need to get me sum of that. :thumbup:

nice bike :thumbup:

I want to "all mountain" my XC bike <_<

So, what's stopping you? What's your "XC" bike, by the way?

Looking good Wes! Wide bars short stem FTW!

I'm telling you man, 760 wide, 25 high, 60 stem is the SWEET SPOT for me. I never felt right on the 780 / 20 boobar - never knew so little could make such a difference :thumbup: