[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2012

Robertson Winery MTB

I always enjoy this event. With the rain, I was sceptical about the route and how much fun it will be, but it drains very well and again I enjoyed every minute. Well done to all involved.

The route markers seem to be permanent. Are these trails open throughout the year?

I didn't spot you man! Did my last DRCP and 3sec FF this weekend too :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't spot you man! Did my last DRCP and 3sec FF this weekend too :D

Spotted you at the start and it was nice seeing you at a MTB event. Now sell the road bike and invest in a sweet 29'r! You won't be sorry.

Well done on surviving your first MTB race and the sky diving!

Well at least you two had a great race - first ever MTB race for me, 2nd MTB ride ever, on a vrek old HEAVY bike - it all made for a very interesting ride.

Well done for finishing, not the easiest route for a 2nd mtb ride ever! You didn't by any chance wear a white and greenish(?) top with a MC number?

Well done for finishing, not the easiest route for a 2nd mtb ride ever! You didn't by any chance wear a white and greenish(?) top with a MC number?

Was I that bad that you remembered me?! :blush: Yeah, that was me - white wind jammer over my Williams Bike Shop jersey :thumbup:

Was I that bad that you remembered me?! :blush: Yeah, that was me - white wind jammer over my Williams Bike Shop jersey :thumbup:

I rode near you (behind you mostly so you couldn't have been that bad :whistling: ) in the middle part of the race. Remembered thinking this guy is pretty strong but must be new because some of the climbs caught you in completely the wrong gear.

Promise you next time you'll be better :thumbup:

(I wore a blue rain jacket and rode a white/green Silverback)

I rode near you (behind you mostly so you couldn't have been that bad :whistling: ) in the middle part of the race. Remembered thinking this guy is pretty strong but must be new because some of the climbs caught you in completely the wrong gear.

Promise you next time you'll be better :thumbup:

(I wore a blue rain jacket and rode a white/green Silverback)

Cool :thumbup: Can't remember much of the race - was too damn tired to. My problem is that the frame is too small for me - so when I try keep the back wheel planted, the front wheel lifts, and if I shift forwards, the tyre slips in the clay......and yeah, sometimes I was completely in the wrong gear. After the first half of the race I was gatvol and just pedelled to finish. Oh ja, my saddle bag also decided to come open - decided to turn around and fetch my stuff. Lost my tyre lever but thankfully never got a flat.

Edit: I vaguely remember seeing a silverback pass me, and then I overtook on the technical bits.... I think. Lots of bikes came past me :blush:

Edited by Tiny K

Worst thing was these okes walking and pushing in the middle of a single track. Or hill. I mean seriously....then there was the guys who switch lanes like they are driving taxi's on the N1.

Come on people. That's just basic cycling etiquette. But I am probably preaching to the choir here.

wonder what happened to the bloke in front of me that looked like he broke a collarbone a few km's after half way on the 42.

Looked in a fair bit of pain but he told the fist of us that stopped to carry on, his girlfriend was on the phone to race control.