bike shop crack frame with service

amoryns

Does the frame have an ally insert in the bb? That could have seperated from the carbon if the bb was siezed and too much torque was applied

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The shop should be insured and replace or repair.

If you are insured claim from your insurance and they will take it up with the shop and their insurance.

Amoryn was not flaming and asked for advice.Nothing wrong with that.

And Amoryn is very much a She!!!

Proof, some picchas of the she and the cracked frame

Does the frame have an ally insert in the bb? That could have seperated from the carbon if the bb was siezed and too much torque was applied

think this is exactly what happened

The shop should be insured and replace or repair.

If you are insured claim from your insurance and they will take it up with the shop and their insurance.

Amoryn was not flaming and asked for advice.Nothing wrong with that.

And Amoryn is very much a She!!!

Should they not only be replacing the frame if they have cracked it, I for one would not be happy with a repaired frame or accept that as an option if it was not cracked when I took it in.

to make my story clear Dangle...i ASKED for ADVICE as I have never had this kind of problem before

Not saying you are flaming.

Just pointing out that your story does not come across as every clear and that putting it on The Hub will also get you nowhere.

Here is my thinking, unless they went berserk on your bike for reasons unknown, the frame should not crack from a BB replacement.

I am going to assume that the frame had a crack in it and they only spotted it afterwards, which in that case should make it a warranty issue provided that the warranty period is longer than the period of ownership.

think this is exactly what happened

So I ask the million dollar question, How certain are you that the frame was not cracked before you took it in for the service?

So I ask the million dollar question, How certain are you that the frame was not cracked before you took it in for the service?

how should I know, thats why I take my bikes in for services.

So you don't check your frame on a regular basis?

you seem to have the wrong attitude, Dangle is merely asking questions to help you out.

the way you worded it, it came across as the bikeshop cracked the frame. if this is the case then IMO they shouldnt be claiming warranty.

If however the frame was cracked before they did anything, then sure, try claim off warranty.

So you don't check your frame on a regular basis?

if the wheels are turning, no need to ;-0

you seem to have the wrong attitude, Dangle is merely asking questions to help you out.

the way you worded it, it came across as the bikeshop cracked the frame. if this is the case then IMO they shouldnt be claiming warranty.

If however the frame was cracked before they did anything, then sure, try claim off warranty.

thanks as pointed out, warranty issue. now trying to get hold of distributor

I can't understand why its a warrenty issue if the LBS cracked it themselves, did they admit liabilty? Count yourself lucky that you are getting it replaced through warrenty then.