Buying voetstoots on thehubsa.

Cippo

I have bought 3 bikes on the hub and a pair of shoes that i am very happy with .I did my homework and knew exactly what i wanted .All i can say is, know your stuff and communicate with the seller .If you are a novice get a bubby that knows enough to help with advice

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a seller I'm just staight up honest, tell the full history and always sell it in the best possible condition. You can always negotiate your way around the niggles. For most of us, buying and selling stuff is in the order of the day and having a bad reputation regarding one deal sucks.

I wouldn't read too much into the removal of the ad. Once an item is sold it is good practice to remove the advert as soon as possible. This avoids unnecessary confusion and wasted calls.

Personally (as with most hubbers) i would refund. But that's just me.

yup, leaving adverts up after the item is sold is poor form, and invites further unnecessary calls and inquiries. Deleting a sold item advert = good housekeeping.

Buying something second hand will always have its risks as neither the buyer nor the seller cant predict the future lifespan of the item, and often inspecton by both parties wont reveal any hidden problems.

Obviously if the seller witholds info and this can be proven, then the buyer has a case. Even then, it is still a battle to get the matter resolved.

for me it is imperative that the buyer inspects the item properly and researches it properly (check sizes etc) so that he can be satisfied his new 'used' part/item will give him the value he has paid the reduced price for, as it is bought in 'as is' condition.

Another important thing to remember on the Hub, its first pay first served. this nonsense about calling dibs without paying a deposit just doesnt work. Buyers will string sellers along for weeks with promises, and then change their minds or forget, or never complete the deal.

So dont be disappointed if the item you are after is sold if you havent made payment or put in a deposit to secure it.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Well my seller has has made good and made an effort to remedy the problem and its looking very promising. Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Did he read this thread? Nice one that its getting sorted though :thumbup: