Burgled

TitanioGT

who is your security company?

heard some dodgy stories about where they suspect them, because there's no other way of getting into the place without disarming the alarm........ and after every burglary at this particular place (they had 3 in 2 years time if i remember correctly) they were told that the alarm never went off, but it is set when they go in..........

ADT, but not for long though. We're definitely changing, once their report finds its way to the insurance...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your loss...these fu*kers need a lekka bat to the head.. :devil:

Hijack on .. :whistling:

.I am thinking of having this "laser " fitted to the front and back of my house that triggers the alarm...ADT ...to prevent such "invasions "

Any hubbers have this and does it work..?hijack off .. :ph34r:

ADT, but not for long though. We're definitely changing, once their report finds its way to the insurance...

ADT was hoeka the company in question....................

Sorry to hear about your loss...these fu*kers need a lekka bat to the head.. :devil:

.I am thinking of having this "laser " fitted to the front and back of my house that triggers the alarm...ADT ...to prevent such "invasions "

lol... I'll fit one of those. Can one set it to disintegrate?

my inlaws stay in Kuils River and doesn't have an alarm system. so the one day my mom-in-law goes out to the car (parked behind a locked gate) and discovers the contents of the car (which included loads of scrapbooking stuff) had been tossed about the car. there was no broken window, no sign of forced entry, yet the car was kindly locked again. they took the garmin, cell charger cable and prescription sunglasses. luckily they had missed the camera which was in the bottom of one of the bags with scrapbooking stuff. next day ADT phones them to ask if they are interested in an alarm system.....................

years ago they had a similar incident where they found a guy in the house - next day ADT phones............

my inlaws stay in Kuils River and doesn't have an alarm system. so the one day my mom-in-law goes out to the car (parked behind a locked gate) and discovers the contents of the car (which included loads of scrapbooking stuff) had been tossed about the car. there was no broken window, no sign of forced entry, yet the car was kindly locked again. they took the garmin, cell charger cable and prescription sunglasses. luckily they had missed the camera which was in the bottom of one of the bags with scrapbooking stuff. next day ADT phones them to ask if they are interested in an alarm system.....................

years ago they had a similar incident where they found a guy in the house - next day ADT phones............

That's some heavy stuff. I'm sure lots of us can recount stories of the serendipitous arrival of security companies. I should have studied forensic computer science & track down whomever I please or find suspicous behaviour if I suspect any...

I wonder though, how will they get into my machine if it's password/biometrically protected? And in hindsight, I should have encrypted all my data...

That's some heavy stuff. I'm sure lots of us can recount stories of the serendipitous arrival of security companies. I should have studied forensic computer science & track down whomever I please or find suspicous behaviour if I suspect any...

but you say you do have a suspect? hope you can bring them to (some form of) justice

We have the Roboguard System - works well as a 1st line of defence - not linked to ADT as the dogs sometimes set it off but it has a mother of a siren which seems to work (touch wood and all)

Still have the house alarm linked to ADT for the night and when out

ADT was hoeka the company in question....................

Been ADT client for 2 years. Now we did some changes to the house and I require them to fit additional sensors and outside beams. Called them three times on Monday ("the technician will call you back in a few minutes"). Called them again yesterday morning, same thing. Lunchtime I asked the sales manager, if they react this quickly in case of an armed response. He promised to get the technician to call me. By the time he did, I had already dropped an email with their competition District Watch, received a call from them and arranged an appointment. Anyone got experience with District Watch?

Been ADT client for 2 years. Now we did some changes to the house and I require them to fit additional sensors and outside beams. Called them three times on Monday ("the technician will call you back in a few minutes"). Called them again yesterday morning, same thing. Lunchtime I asked the sales manager, if they react this quickly in case of an armed response. He promised to get the technician to call me. By the time he did, I had already dropped an email with their competition District Watch, received a call from them and arranged an appointment. Anyone got experience with District Watch?

ADT is a joke! they phone my mom when their neighbour's alarm is going off (they are the secondary number if the owner don't answer) and tell her to send my dad to go have a look at the house! the freaking arrogance! it p1sses my mom off spectacularly. Best part is that they are convinced that my mom's number is the neighbours - she ordered them to change it, yet they still phone her........... special people

I wonder though, how will they get into my machine if it's password/biometrically protected? And in hindsight, I should have encrypted all my data...

There are plenty of utilities available that can reset the Windows administrator password in less than 60 seconds and gain access to your data. Better option like you said is to encrypt your documents with TrueCrypt.