Team SL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When do online entries close?

If you did not manage the cut off last night at 23h59,

You will still be able to enter on race day with no penalty.

Cheers

Clive

If you did not manage the cut off last night at 23h59,

You will still be able to enter on race day with no penalty.

Cheers

Clive

Excellent! See you there :)

Thank goodness, I had the dates wrong, so you add 2 line entries for the day (Yvonne and myself).

What is the start time for the 60km ? If its not too early I want to ride!

60km starts at 8am

Thank you!

Eish. Ok so that means a 05:00 start for me. Will have to get a vote from the government! Hope I can make it, otherwise, anyone doing van gaalens at around 10?

Wifey decided to stay in bed this morning with the cold weather so I went on my own. Realized at the start that I had forgotten my camelbak at home which contained my pump and bombs. No problem I though just enjoy the ride and how many times have you needed a pump in the last year or two.... :devil:

Was going nice and fast down the first hill on the double cement track when I buggered the weight and balance (blaming the lack of camelbak weight) and went off the track into a ditch. OTB with a spectacular headstand somersault which would have scored a 9.5 if it was in London in front of the judges. Up and pedaling without a hassle till the little bit of singletrack just before the second waterpoint on the other side of the freeway. Must have hit a rock with the front wheel and on the corner just before the little hill my tubeless deflated instantaneously sending me into the bushes for another tumble this time a 8.7 at least. On the bike again only to realize my rim was buggered which meant the end of my race for the day. Luckily I had a spare tube in the saddle bag which with the help of a fellow cyclist (Thank you very much!!) I could inflate and at least could cycle back to the start for a early day back home.

As always a nice mix of everything in the course but in the end an expensive day out for me with a broken rim (second race only), helmet and ego :blush:

Wifey decided to stay in bed this morning with the cold weather so I went on my own. Realized at the start that I had forgotten my camelbak at home which contained my pump and bombs. No problem I though just enjoy the ride and how many times have you needed a pump in the last year or two.... :devil:

Was going nice and fast down the first hill on the double cement track when I buggered the weight and balance (blaming the lack of camelbak weight) and went off the track into a ditch. OTB with a spectacular headstand somersault which would have scored a 9.5 if it was in London in front of the judges. Up and pedaling without a hassle till the little bit of singletrack just before the second waterpoint on the other side of the freeway. Must have hit a rock with the front wheel and on the corner just before the little hill my tubeless deflated instantaneously sending me into the bushes for another tumble this time a 8.7 at least. On the bike again only to realize my rim was buggered which meant the end of my race for the day. Luckily I had a spare tube in the saddle bag which with the help of a fellow cyclist (Thank you very much!!) I could inflate and at least could cycle back to the start for a early day back home.

As always a nice mix of everything in the course but in the end an expensive day out for me with a broken rim (second race only), helmet and ego :blush:

Sounds like you had an eventfull ride Woolf.

My first time to one of these events. Entry quick and easy, coffee in real mugs was a bonus!

Only an hour and a half from Alberhoughton, was home for lunch!

Took it 'easy' on the first lap and checked out the route, an abolute pleasure with a bit of everything and well marked! The second lap gave it a bit more 'gas', gotta love negative splits in a 2 lap event :)

4deg start so went with arm/leg warmers, gilet, winter gloves and ear 'protection', was pretty comfortable :thumbup:

Saw a lad taking a few photos, would be nice to see them ......

I'll be back for sure!

The photo's should be available on www.waterpoint.co.za later during the week.

Alternatively you could try and contact deon@waterpoint.co.za to see if he has any photo's of you.

At least the riders had a chance to warm up by riding.

Standing at the finish line waiting for riders to come in, with the wind blowing and temperatures not really climbing was not a very pleasant experience.

If it wasn't for a stomach bug I definitely would have joined.

Maybe a blessing in disguise.

The photo's should be available on www.waterpoint.co.za later during the week.

Alternatively you could try and contact deon@waterpoint.co.za to see if he has any photo's of you.

At least the riders had a chance to warm up by riding.

Standing at the finish line waiting for riders to come in, with the wind blowing and temperatures not really climbing was not a very pleasant experience.

Thanks to you guys, jeez I would have not liked to have to stand out in that!

I didn't take note of my number :( - ag well I'll mail him anyway!

My first time to one of these events. Entry quick and easy, coffee in real mugs was a bonus!

Only an hour and a half from Alberhoughton, was home for lunch!

Took it 'easy' on the first lap and checked out the route, an abolute pleasure with a bit of everything and well marked! The second lap gave it a bit more 'gas', gotta love negative splits in a 2 lap event :)

4deg start so went with arm/leg warmers, gilet, winter gloves and ear 'protection', was pretty comfortable :thumbup:

Saw a lad taking a few photos, would be nice to see them ......

I'll be back for sure!

Mr Notsobigben,

I am glad that you enjoyed the race.

Can i ask you to draft a race report from a 1st timers experience here at Vori-Berg.

I will be placing it on waterpoint.co.za

You can mail me at clivedhardy@gmail.com

Thanks

Clive