Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

So, last week Friday there was a Fathers Day groupon deal for LED lights for cycling , under the heading "Pyro LED Cycling Lights"

Since this advert has been run and I stupidly went and bought a LED Light, i have since discovered a few discrepancies, firstly the advert implies that all the lights were coming from Pyro Lights, when in fact one the of the light was coming from another company altogether, a company called "Extreme Lights". I thought the brand name of the light was Extreme Lights

I was under the impression that all the lights within the deal were coming from Pyro Lights, since correspondence between Pyro and myself, they have informed me that "Extreme lights" have piggybacked on the groupon deal they had going. They are not happy about whats gone on themselves( Pyro Lights that is) I've been trying to get through to groupon this morning but not having any luck, I have sent an email as well.

This is were the fun and games begin, I have sent three emails to Extreme Lights via the website, but have had no contact from them, I cannot find any other contact details for this company online, which raises a few suspicions in my mind.

Surely this is unethical on groupon side with misleading customers. They should also have contact details for this company "Extreme Lights", shouldn't they?

Has anyone else had dealing with Extreme Lights? or got there contact details to call them.

Many Thanks.

Just to give an update/ conclusion for myself with regards to this whole saga.

Hannes has come good in making sure I am a happy customer. He has given me a great discount on a Pyro Light, which I should take delivery of next week. In saying this he has certainly come to the table in trying to rectify the whole issue/ situation with the Groupon deal. Since having spoken to him on the phone and via emails, I would now have no hesitation in recommending him for any future purchases you may have.

We all makes mistakes and I can now see it was a small error from myself for not reading enough into the deal, as well as the errors from Groupon and Pyro Lights. The fact that he has made good with a disgruntled customer says a lot to me about the type of person and business he is running.

Edited by Caerus

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I must be honest, I jumped on that band wagon and only realised after making the purchase that the light was not a Pyro light but rather an Extreme Light! Took a look at the website just like you and my doubts about the ability of the light became less. Is there any details on a return policy?

Hmmm, I must be honest, I jumped on that band wagon and only realised after making the purchase that the light was not a Pyro light but rather an Extreme Light! Took a look at the website just like you and my doubts about the ability of the light became less. Is there any details on a return policy?

Nothing, no details nothing, all it says it 3 month warrenty. Not a happy chappy at the moment.

Nothing, no details nothing, all it says it 3 month warrenty. Not a happy chappy at the moment.

Makes both of us :thumbdown: out of interest have you contacted Groupon?

Its up to groupon to ensure the validity of the offers so all communication should go through them as they are accountable for the sale.

I checked them out and if you clicked the "more info" tag on each light you were taken to the different websites, so in fairness I don't think it was misleading.

If I take a look at my receipt of what I ordered it clearly says a Pyro LED cycling lights!

As far as I can tell, both Pyro lights and Extreme lights are most likely run by the same person which would make the comments to you misleading by them and not by Groupon... The domain registrations just appear remarkably similar to me... Try the phone number it's registered to (0218871433) and see where that gets you (that's from publically available information on the internet so no funny business in posting it).

Cancel your deal with GroupOn and they are obliged to refund you 100%.

They do this sort of thing often, very low moral threshold as a company.

Makes both of us :thumbdown: out of interest have you contacted Groupon?

I'm trying at the moment to :cursing:

As far as I can tell, both Pyro lights and Extreme lights are most likely run by the same person which would make the comments to you misleading by them and not by Groupon... The domain registrations just appear remarkably similar to me... Try the phone number it's registered to (0218871433) and see where that gets you (that's from publically available information on the internet so no funny business in posting it).

Apparently, Pyro Lights say that Extreme Lights have piggybacked on this deal and they are are not happy about this as well. So not sure if they are in fact linked.

Thank you for ordering this Groupon "Shopping: Pyro LED cycling lights". You just saved 54%.

This is what is says on my order confirmation.

Thank you for ordering this Groupon "Shopping: Pyro LED cycling lights". You just saved 54%.

This is what is says on my order confirmation.

Yeah, same as mine. As Edge Design pointed out, I think this is one and the same people. I hope I get my refund though, seems HelloPeter is full of unhappy people.

Yeah, same as mine. As Edge Design pointed out, I think this is one and the same people. I hope I get my refund though, seems HelloPeter is full of unhappy people.

I could imagine!