Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to start a "doping" debate...

Just out of interest sake. Assuming everyone (most) are riding clean. Are riders not more likely prone to having an off day on the bike? Surely all the top contenders won't be able to perform consistenly at their top level every single day of the tour riding on oros, or whatever else they put in their bottles?

With some seriously tough stages looming, some of the front runners are bound to struggle at some point?

Daryl Impey@darylimpey

That saffa camper on top of Columbier today, u were awesome #saffaspirit

The blond looks very familiar and the chick in the background wears a Cape Epic ladies leaders jersey. Can't be too many of those around.

I don't want to start a "doping" debate...

Just out of interest sake. Assuming everyone (most) are riding clean. Are riders not more likely prone to having an off day on the bike? Surely all the top contenders won't be able to perform consistenly at their top level every single day of the tour riding on oros, or whatever else they put in their bottles?

With some seriously tough stages looming, some of the front runners are bound to struggle at some point?

Well, the flip side of that coin, is that if everyone is clean, then they will be more inclined to ride within their own limits. Which means they will have trained for the particular effort, and why we don't see the massive attacks in the mountains like we used to, and also means that in measuring your effort scientifically over the three weeks, you don't have a dip in performance.

Well, the flip side of that coin, is that if everyone is clean, then they will be more inclined to ride within their own limits. Which means they will have trained for the particular effort, and why we don't see the massive attacks in the mountains like we used to, and also means that in measuring your effort scientifically over the three weeks, you don't have a dip in performance.

Yebo..

And that you cant go attack all day long every day because you dont have the gummyberry juice to get you to the startline fresh tomorrow. So the guys have to be more carefull how they use their chances. I heard Chris Horner talk about wattage in an interview yesterday, and he was goiing on and on about numbers.. The guys know how long they can sustain a sertain wattage before they blow and have to look at that.

So you're telling me i'm going to have to listen to P&P wax lyrical about Wiggens/Sky for the rest of the tour? :wacko:

As someone mentioned earlier. I just can't get my head around sprinters setting the pace up climbs and dropping proper climbers.

I would also like to believe that the TT course suited the guys who klapped Cancellara more than it did him... i hope.

Thrilled that Rolland is in the move today, but he's so far down now that it doesn't bother sky.

According to PnP Team RadioShackNissan are doing a great job smashing the team classification. FFS, who goes to the tour with no GC contenders to win the team classification?

Ooh, 5 minute advantage. Amazing.

Sparticus has withdrawn from TdF.....gone home to to be with his wife for birth.

Thats not going to do my fantasy league team any good. :thumbdown: