Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

What a day of mayhem and roads that made me think it was Classic season. 'Quote of the day - Phil: And when they come round the corner they'll be treated to something beautiful (pause) the english channel." (cut to something that resembles a dirty puddle in winter).

Wonder if Sagen will pull his 'no hands wheelie' this tour just to p*$$off some of the traditionalists.

post-15825-0-74338100-1341329626.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a cross country skier dance in a sprint finish in a Grand Tour before. Maybe he'll pop the wheelie next.

I've never seen a cross country skier dance in a sprint finish in a Grand Tour before. Maybe he'll pop the wheelie next.

I dunno how he remembers to still do a victory jig, instead of the normal V-to-the-sky, with lactic acid seeping out of his eyeballs.

Exuberant youth.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/07/sagan-wins1-565x421.jpg

And it's all gone quiet.. Lucky we have the round up from the Wise Colombian.

post-15825-0-03050200-1341336208.jpg.

Edited by hellocolour

Lol yeah i laughed my ass off after his little dance.

Cant wait for his next "move" in the tour

And there was NO wheelsucking at all....

(he is still a cocky f#ckr but in a good way)

Yeah, won a Porsche from the team boss, I think, after his 2nd win.

And the custom bike after getting a 5th win in the Tour of Cali.

Spoilt brat!

:-)

And it's all gone quiet.. Lucky we have the round up from the Wise Colombian.

post-15825-0-03050200-1341336208.jpg.

Good one, Wise Colombian!

Haha!

Voeckler reportedly complaining about his knee and came in way down.

Rolland to surely be Europcar's no 1 hope on GC - 45 secs behind yellow.

Edited by Puncheur

Sagan is certainly shaking up the peleton and the traditional boring first week.

An absolute talent, and I enjoy his little jigs over the line, he is young, he is at the top of his game, the world lies before him, and he is enjoying it, I say "Good for you young man" long may you continue to entertain the fans.

Sagan is certainly shaking up the peleton and the traditional boring first week.

An absolute talent, and I enjoy his little jigs over the line, he is young, he is at the top of his game, the world lies before him, and he is enjoying it, I say "Good for you young man" long may you continue to entertain the fans.

I see, despite those who say he'll lose the respect of the peloton, he earned the plaudits of Spartacus himself, who said Sagan was just too strong at the moment.

A few comments from the Tour on Sagans victory salutes - I think he deservers them.

Sagan has stated that his teammates have been suggesting the various celebrations, and not all of the riders object to them. "Totally for Sagan and his crazy salutes, he's 22, he's got plenty of time to grow old and dignified," said David Millar.

Sagan's teammate Ivan Basso is also enjoying the youthful exuberance. "Special atmosphere at Liquigas-Cannondale's home. with the beautiful crazy of Sagan & co I discover a younger Ivan," he said on Twitter.

Notable author Richard Moore suggested one solution for those who object to the antics: "If you don't like Sagan's victory celebrations there's one good way to stop them, chaps."

A few comments from the Tour on Sagans victory salutes - I think he deservers them.

Sagan has stated that his teammates have been suggesting the various celebrations, and not all of the riders object to them. "Totally for Sagan and his crazy salutes, he's 22, he's got plenty of time to grow old and dignified," said David Millar.

Sagan's teammate Ivan Basso is also enjoying the youthful exuberance. "Special atmosphere at Liquigas-Cannondale's home. with the beautiful crazy of Sagan & co I discover a younger Ivan," he said on Twitter.

Notable author Richard Moore suggested one solution for those who object to the antics: "If you don't like Sagan's victory celebrations there's one good way to stop them, chaps."

Hahahahaha! Nice one!

Reminds me of this Cozy Beehive blog:

http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2007/12/lore-of-victory-salute.html

I agree 100%.

I watched him rip the peleton apart in The Tour of California just a few weeks ago and have been looking forward to seeing him in this first week of Le Tour. He is certainly ruffling some feathers but man boy is he exciting to watch...