Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Sky will let Chris win more stages if he can so long as he doesn't threaten the GC for The Wig, is that not clear by now?

What are you actually trying to say ?

I don't think anyone challenged Froome winning more stages anywhere on these pages.

Is that not clear by now ?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it will be interesting if the situation does arrives if Brad lags, and Froome can zoom. Will they then allow him to take it if Brad cant?

Would it be like that Cunego-Simoni moment?

What are you actually trying to say ?

I don't think anyone challenged Froome winning more stages anywhere on these pages.

Is that not clear by now ?

so what happens like at the Vuelta last year where Froome can or does get ahead? Will he hold back and let Brad be 2nd or 3rd? Team orders?

so what happens like at the Vuelta last year where Froome can or does get ahead? Will he hold back and let Brad be 2nd or 3rd? Team orders?

Froome won't hold back, but his managers might just do that.

It will be a hard one for them.

Firstly I think he will lose too much time in the TT tomorrow, although he is one helluva time trialist, secondly I don't think the Sky bosses even thought that far.

So as much as we sit here on The Hub and debate it, I hate to say the final decision will lie with the Sky bosses.

Edited by Dangle

First off, I am NOT a Wiggens fan. Too much Brit in that one.

That said, as a cyclist hes does not go and slain the reputation of your 'brain surgeon' as he has respect for what he has accomplished and he expects the same from others in regards to his hard work to become a good cyclist.

I think that is the point he was trying to make.

Sort off....if you are an accomplished surgeon, sure....go ahead and nail your fellow surgeons.....If you are a cyclist that knows how much hard work it takes to get there, sure.....take a swing at Wiggens....if not, get off your arse and go peddle your bike.

Or something in that region.

Personally I hope Froompie HAMMERS it in the TT today and pulls a rabbit out of the hat......

Or even better....Nibali pulls a 5min gap on the Madeleine later on.......

Sure, you and I understand where he is coming from Spinnekop, but millions may not.

I think it was a staggeringly inappropriate comment from someone who should know better and in my opinion came across as arrogant and self centered.

I hope Sky spend some money and get him a good public spokesman to give him some lessons in public affairs, Cadel, I believe, would never have made such a comment, he measures his words carefully and keeps the press and media on his side, in other words he behaves like an ambassador for the sport, which I believe he is.

I understand Wiggins may have said this in the heat of the moment, and perhaps he regrets it, but in my opinion the damage is done, he could easily have responded with humor or just said he prefers not to comment, but attacking your fan base is a glaringly stupid move.

Gary Player was the master of the snappy comeback and always had a quick answer which was never offensive or came back to haunt him, Wiggins could have taken a leaf from his book and said something along the Gary Player lines of "Its really odd, but the more I train the better I become" - completely inoffensive and would put the twitter followers in their place.

…Cadel, I believe, would never have made such a comment, he measures his words carefully and keeps the press and media on his side, in other words he behaves like an ambassador for the sport, which I believe he is…

Unless you step on his dog… :whistling:

Cadel, I believe, would never have made such a comment, he measures his words carefully and keeps the press and media on his side, in other words he behaves like an ambassador for the sport, which I believe he is.

Except when he threatens to cut your head off, right?

Every single time someone performs well, it becomes drugs.

What a crock of snot.

Most folk who follow the pro peleton would agree with you, unfortunately, amongst the masses, cycling has a poor reputation for drug abuse, much like the stigma of apartheid has lingered on for 18 years, I think the stigma of rampant drug abuse will also linger far past its actual lifespan.

Unfortunate, I agree.

Come now TNT1, totally different scenario, he was responding to his dog been trampled, his comments to the media were totally appropriate and well measured.

Eish!

Today's TT will be thrilling.

Like 50 mins or so of absolute pain for these PROs.

Great ride by Pinot , this tour sure has been for the youngsters, Sagan, Froome, and yesterday Pinot.

:thumbup:

They all seem to have press officers on the side during interviews, I think Brad was a bit cheesed off after being bugged with stupid questions after a long hard day in the saddle. Some of us are better at being calm, cool, collected 100% of the time than others.

As for Gary Player, yup he could have had a good career as a PRO in fact he was a PRO for Apartheid SA in the 60's and 70's during his world touring you will remember if you were unfortunate enough to have been around during those times.

Personal I prefer people who tell it like it is, and not through a façade. although I am sure Brad does regret using those words. Sponsor cant be too chuffed.

Sky probably knows they've f#$ked up at the Tour Of Spain with a top spot although they dominated the podium.

Gonna be interesting to see how it goes in the team dynamic between Wiggo and Froome.

It can take one bad day for Wiggo on the climbs and an awesome day for Froome to turn things upside down.

And then kopkrap for Brailsford.

All in all, awesome and intense le Tour.

Must still watch the highlights of yesterday's stage.

I hope Cancellara knocks 'em over today!

Brave defensive effort to limit damages on Saturday's climb.