Virtual trainer

Slakkepas

Hi,

Have you used a virtual trainer?

I`m considering getting the Tacx fortius. I know you can’t get a replacement for the real thing, but I just can’t get on the road in the week.

Is worth the extra bucks or should I just get the no thrills trainer and find a way to get through the boredom

sufferfest is the bomb!

Bought one last month, changes your training indoors completely!

Only problem is it takes about a million years to download!

www.thesufferfest.com

Hi,

I`m considering getting the Tacx fortius. I know you can’t get a replacement for the real thing, but I just can’t get on the road in the week.

Is worth the extra bucks or should I just get the no thrills trainer and find a way to get through the boredom

If its boredom you want to beat then get a set of Tacx rollers. 100% concentration and ballance control for your whole training session, or you end up on your a$$. Once you get the hang of it you will be able to look up occasionally at the TV... :)

I also bought rollers for the winter. Setup the spare TV in front to catch up with the cycling and I also do some intervals. The boredoms doesn't sit in only a sore a$$.

1 piece of advice, get some indoor trainingrollers tyres. Normal road tyres are noisy and doesn't last long.

Hi,

Got an I-Magic in 2007 and i'm on it 2 or 3 times a week at the moment. I like it a lot, and prefer it to walking 5 mins to the gym for spinning. Couldnt see me sticking with a regular trainer.

fortuis costly but by far THE best investrment ive made in years, you wont look back. their software tho is a pain in the arse, budget two weeks of trail and error to get all to work but once up and running its A 4 A way and you really have a good time, as close to indoor on the real road you will get. i understand the genuis is now available which is an upgrade from fortuis so check it our properly before spending and make sure you get the latest software, they sometimes charge for upgrades. have fun i assure you its worth it

fortuis costly but by far THE best investrment ive made in years, you wont look back. their software tho is a pain in the arse, budget two weeks of trail and error to get all to work but once up and running its A 4 A way and you really have a good time, as close to indoor on the real road you will get. i understand the genuis is now available which is an upgrade from fortuis so check it our properly before spending and make sure you get the latest software, they sometimes charge for upgrades. have fun i assure you its worth it

Do you have the steering column? I think the system will be fine without it....?

Got an I-Magic in 2007 and i'm on it 2 or 3 times a week at the moment. I like it a lot, and prefer it to walking 5 mins to the gym for spinning. Couldnt see me sticking with a regular trainer.

From what I have read the difference between the I-magic and fortuis is the driven motor and the fortuis incline grade can go to 12 where the I-magic stop at 5-6.

Can you feel the limit?

From what I have read the difference between the I-magic and fortuis is the driven motor and the fortuis incline grade can go to 12 where the I-magic stop at 5-6.

Can you feel the limit?

The fortius motor is stronger so there's a better range of resistance and the downhill freewheeling works better. You just have to work out whether thats worth the price difference.

On the I-magic the hills can easily get me into 90%+ heart rate so its fine. I guess dropping a couple of gears does the trick too.

You dont "feel the limit" as such, you just go faster up the hill than you'd expect to in real life.

Edited by Joe Low