Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

When is something actually going to happen? What are they doing at the UCI? Update on Bruyneel anyone?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting:

No it's not.

Cant speak for others and i don't know of anyone who wont, but why not.

Now speaking for myself no where on this thread have i said he is innocent. i have no issues with what the USDADA have found including the current riders statements, just issues with their real motives (USADA and riders) which appear to be selfish i.e. looking after themselves rather than remorse.

Why did Frank and Betsy involve themselves in covering up Franks doping for so long. Betsy has been called honest and respectable, really ? How seeing as she knew her husband doped but kept quiet only speaking once they had a fallout with LA.

Why did the all the riders mentioned in the USDADA report only admit now, where were they when previous team riders accused LA of doping, many of his teammates who were implicated continued to ride for him. I would have much more respect if they had fessed up on their own and supported those without being forced to.

Yawn, covered already in what seems a thousand times. You just don't get it.

When is something actually going to happen?

Paul Willerton, a former professional cyclist who rode for the US alongside Lance Armstrong during two world championship road races, has told Cyclingnews that he and other riders plan to protest against Nike support for Armstrong outside the Nike corporate headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, on Tuesday.

Nevermind the UCI and co. If Nike really did this, this is where the real story is.

Paul Willerton, a former professional cyclist who rode for the US alongside Lance Armstrong during two world championship road races, has told Cyclingnews that he and other riders plan to protest against Nike support for Armstrong outside the Nike corporate headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, on Tuesday.

Nevermind the UCI and co. If Nike really did this, this is where the real story is.

Ya I saw this. Have you seen this....courtpapers from Lemond/Trek court case dealing with breakdown of relationship and Lemond accusing Armstrong of doping. Not new but of interest now obviously.

0.pdf

Was thinking about how Nike, Trek, Oakley et al scored. Reaping the benefits of LA and his band of merry cheats without any risk.

Ya I saw this.

I just figure, if there is proof that Nike did this, it has much wider implications than some silly bike riders and their governing body. I mean everyone in the world knows Nike.

Cant speak for others and i don't know of anyone who wont, but why not.

Now speaking for myself no where on this thread have i said he is innocent. i have no issues with what the USDADA have found including the current riders statements, just issues with their real motives (USADA and riders) which appear to be selfish i.e. looking after themselves rather than remorse.

Why did Frank and Betsy involve themselves in covering up Franks doping for so long. Betsy has been called honest and respectable, really ? How seeing as she knew her husband doped but kept quiet only speaking once they had a fallout with LA.

Why did the all the riders mentioned in the USDADA report only admit now, where were they when previous team riders accused LA of doping, many of his teammates who were implicated continued to ride for him. I would have much more respect if they had fessed up on their own and supported those without being forced to.

Agree with you entirely. lance hardly comes out of this smelling of roses but nore do the rest of the them. Frankie (victim number 1 for those that can't think for themselves) for eg was one of the really early adoptors and was the first guy to "sell" the benefits of EPO to Hincappi and to facilitate him getting hold of some.

it was a particularly ugly era - but for many its easiest to lay it all on 1 guy. whatever makes you fellas feel good about yourselves / you favourites. :thumbup:

Link to BBC 5Live show last night dealing with Armstrong, USADA, Whittle, Millar etc.

itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/5lspecials-peddlers-cyclings/id449593128?i=122538780&mt=2 …

This site requires Javascript and Cookies to be enabled

So, um, not for me then...

Summary

Many former colleagues and associates of Lance Armstrong have revealed a deceptive, calculating and controlling sportsperson who appears to have become a global superstar through hard work, talent and ... mastery of the art and science of banned performance enhancing drugs. Their statements are now readily accessible at http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org and should be reviewed by anyone who hopes for sporting heroes our children can believe in. They did this despite intimidation, legal threats, and in some cases considerable personal and professional humiliation. Armstrong seems determined to use his profile, legal arsenal, and corporate supporters such as Nike, Anheuser-Busch and Trek to discredit these witnesses and the USADA process. These witnesses, who are bravely fighting for cleaner sporting competition and more truth in public life, deserve our support. We believe it is possible for all of us to continue to support, encourage and inspire those facing a frightening battle with cancer through many existing avenues, while simultaneously supporting a higher level of ethics in sport and business.

Betsy never covered anything up. Ever. Memory is fuzzy but she called off the engagement to him after the alleged hospital incident. Then she almost called it quits on the marriage when she found he doped after promising her he wouldn't.

So did she come forward with info she had on Frankie and other riders then? Or only on Lance and only after the fallout?