Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

its more than that. Lance was more than just a cyclist. Lance played a huge role in the direction of cycling while he was at the top. The rest of them didnt really have much input/say

Fook me you guys are Lance blind.

Floyd appealed to his fans to donate money (the floyd "fairness" fund) to defend himself against the doping charges. That is infinitely more douchebaggery than Sir Lance.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its more than that. Lance was more than just a cyclist. Lance played a huge role in the direction of cycling while he was at the top. The rest of them didnt really have much input/say

Which speaks volumes to his character. Or is that lack of it?

Floyd appealed to his fans to donate money (the floyd "fairness" fund) to defend himself against the doping charges. That is infinitely more douchebaggery than Sir Lance.

You're confusing us with someone else.

You'll have to walk many a mile to find a hubber that ever supported Flandis in his quest for infamy.

Which speaks volumes to his character. Or is that lack of it?

its part of the reason why he is so high profile. He made sure he was more than just a cyclist. He also made sure he accepted all the attention that came with it. now that its no longer the type of attention he wants we must all feel sorry for him

he's paying it all back isnt he?

whereas uniball still accepts donations to his "Cancer fund". I dont think he plans on paying any of that back...

Are you blind?

Riis, Ullrich, Pantani, Millar, Festina, Landis, The Vanishing Twin, Heras, Rumsas, and so on. All of Lance's contemporaries. All admit and carry on.

The thing that leaves the bile taste in the mouth is Lance's attitude. His denial. The fact that a decade ago he could have come clean and kept five or even six tours with his head held high.

Now all he is a spineless sack.

My what objectivity you have there. Not.

Riis admitted but hey - it was so long ago nobody cares. Millar admitted but he wasn't really cught proper like.

The rest were all vanishing twin, my cocaine laced sweeties from south america, my mommies testosterone chicken, medication for my dog and accidental ingestion.

They all denied denied denied. Just like Lance.

its part of the reason why he is so high profile. He made sure he was more than just a cyclist. He also made sure he accepted all the attention that came with it. now that its no longer the type of attention he wants we must all feel sorry for him

Was it Daniel Coyle who coined the phrase "Planet Lance" to describe the obsession with controlling the media? I loved his book. The most objective of all the books written about Lance.

he's paying it all back isnt he?

whereas uniball still accepts donations to his "Cancer fund". I dont think he plans on paying any of that back...

Is that the deal? Deny deny deny, make millions of drugs, steal your fans cash, make some money off snitching for the government is all cool as long as once you're so far up **** creek that admitting is your only option that you pay some of it back that it's cool.

If Lance rolled over would you start using him as the "nice guy" yardstick to measure Conty who is still in deny deny deny mode?

Is that the deal? Deny deny deny, make millions of drugs, steal your fans cash, make some money off snitching for the government is all cool as long as once you're so far up **** creek that admitting is your only option that you pay some of it back that it's cool.

If Lance rolled over would you start using him as the "nice guy" yardstick to measure Conty who is still in deny deny deny mode?

lance wasnt just a cyclist like the rest were. he used the media to make himself out to be invincible. untouchable. he controlled cycling from behind the scenes (And from the bike). Name one other rider who has done that.

What about the schlek sisters? everyone seems to love them? even though they're just as dirty as that spanish twig...

why do you assume we all love contador?

also - was landis paid to snitch? I didnt know that...

Theres a lot of similarity between the paths landis and lance have chosen. Landis is just further down the path than lance is, but their methods are more or less the same

Edited by fandacious

Not a big fan of LA the person, too much of a brash Texan for me, but find his success as a cyclist and his courage as a cancer survivor very inspirational.

Have been on the LA side through this whole debacle and find myself caught between disappointment at his guilt and disbelief of the witch hunt nature of the process. Be that as it may I am still stunned at the apparent scale of it all. Why still only a vague witness here and there? If everyone was doping then why isn't everyone subjected to the same scrutiny? I can only hope that the can of worms is being opened. Those witnesses? Immunity? Hypocrisy?

I am still all for a lifetime ban for doping. I reckon that will purge this sport of this cancer that has definitely spoilt my enjoyment and support.

A Vinokurov getting a gold medal makes me nauseous.

lancie is in the poo not only for using but also for distributing EPO.

My what objectivity you have there. Not.

They all denied denied denied. Just like Lance.

No, dear sir. They all used. They all accepted their sanction. And king nut-sack expects us to believe he bested them on mineral water and bananas?

Must say, there's one thing that's been bugging me for a while. When Floyd "broke cover", many in the anti-doping ranks - I think Ashenden amongst them - gave him a degree of credence because although what he was saying about micro-dosing was known before, but only as anecdotal evidence, he now he was telling them exactly how it was done. But many articles about micro-dosing had been written about this before 2010...

Floyd's testimony about Lance - as well as Tyler's - could easily be disputed as anecdotal because of their unreliability. I still want to know who the others are...

I still want to know who the others are...

Raise a bounty. I'll get USADA, um, "compromised" for you in no time flat.

...and when they talk about former team members, does that include athletes and backroom staff?

It includes anyone that was paid by the team.