Thule Bike rack questions

Spinnekop

Soooooo.

I am to bankrupt to buy a towbar for my car.  I have one of those Bike carriers already that slots onto the towbar.......but towbar is non existant....

Thule makes a bike rack that "clamps" onto the boot of the car....
Question.....
How good is the design?  Sturdy?  Any problems?  Yes?  Now?

Anyone out there got some feedback on the carrier?

Towbar.....R3 500.00
Thule Bike rack....R1200.00

Spidey... The one that clamps on your car, I have a mate that has one and it's actually created a dent in the boot lid. Not the Thule design but similar. He says it's from the downward force when he drives with the bike on.

Makes sense, but just a thought, maybe the Thule one's are better. smileys/smiley4.gif

The Thule range of carriers are very good . I know a few people that use the model in question to transport 2 MTB's at a time !!!

Interesting.  Thanks guys.

Jason.  I was wondering the same thing!  The dent in the boot.....Hopefully it was just his bad BMW quality that let him down.  smileys/smiley4.gif.
Still contemplating if it is a good thing or not.......smileys/smiley5.gif

Go and visit Them at their Workshop in Woodmead . They will show u which model will suit ur vehicle the best . And yes BMW's do dent easily .

Hopefully it was just his bad BMW quality that let him down.  Click on image to open in new window.

[/Quote]

smileys/smiley36.gif

It was a Opel? smileys/smiley5.gif Well same thing BMW/Opel smileys/smiley36.gif