AM tyres... what you running?

patches

I ordered a set of HD's for my bike (should arrive this week)

Got trailstar for front & pacestar at the back.

Guess I should prepare for being frowned upon :whistling:

Why?

My mate runs HD front and back and likes them.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sidewalls are decent. I'd say similar to the LUST, but I haven't had a look at one in ages. MK I have no idea.Came in at about R390 including the shipping. I can probably get them cheaper if someone brings them back.

Not bad price at all. Have you bought only the 1 or 2 of them?

Should be cheaper when doing combined shipping (more than 2 tyres)

Their weight suggests quite a thick sidewall.

Would you mind sharing a link? (from ebay)

Give us some feedback after a couple of rides (re: mud, traction, wear etc)

Edited by DubbelBuys

Not bad price at all. Have you bought only the 1 or 2 of them?

Should be cheaper when doing combined shipping (2 or more tyres)

Their weight suggests quite a thick sidewall.

Would you mind sharing a link? (from ebay)

Give us some feedback after a couple of rides (re: mud, traction, wear etc)

I bought 2, but they reckoned it was over the Royal Mail weight, blah, blah, blah. So they charged GB9.93 each shipping.

They did take the 20% VAT off being a non-UK sale.

Here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-CST-BFT-FOLDING-BEAD-TYRE-26-x-2-40-OFF-ROAD-MTB-TREAD-50-OFF-T8018-/190935366909?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2c74a27cfd

Why?

My mate runs HD front and back and likes them.

Only 'cause Capricorn said it happened to him.

I thought I'm gonna give it a shot as some suggested it's a good tyre for F & R.

Don't really worry what others may think as long as it works (performs) well.

I ordered a set of HD's for my bike (should arrive this week)

Got trailstar for front & pacestar at the back.

Guess I should prepare for being frowned upon :whistling:

LOL. Cap was laughed at 'cos he had the Nobby Nic at the front with the Hans at the back!!

Nice, dude. May decide to go that way instead of Muddy Mary next time round.

Was hoping to get hold a Geax Goma, but that only got launched at Sea Otter in April, so it'll take a while before we get them here.

Nice, dude. May decide to go that way instead of Muddy Mary next time round.

if you wanna try the MM, let me know and i'll swing u a loan tyre. Just let the rock razor and magic mary arrive first though. been a few delays in that regard..

if you wanna try the MM, let me know and i'll swing u a loan tyre. Just let the rock razor and magic mary arrive first though. been a few delays in that regard..

YES PLEASE!!!!

My HD is starting to come apart on some of the knobs. Must be a sign of the increased pressure I'm putting on it with my lard ass.

Oh - btw - I've DEFINITELY started leaning the bike enough to notice the transition from centre to side knobs. It was disconcerting at first, but now that I know where it is and that it WILL grip (no matter what) it's actually quite satisfying. It's happened 4 times so far. Twice yesterday at Jonkers and twice on Saturday in Tokai. Only happens on flat to off camber though, from what I've experienced.

As Cap says - harder tyre at the back. It takes the brunt of wear thanks to the weight distribution and the fact that drive goes through it whereas the front is just your direction choosing implement...

And he was only laughed at 'cos it went against convention. But - it worked. So it was a figurative nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah to the cretins.

YES PLEASE!!!!

My HD is starting to come apart on some of the knobs. Must be a sign of the increased pressure I'm putting on it with my lard ass.

Oh - btw - I've DEFINITELY started leaning the bike enough to notice the transition from centre to side knobs. It was disconcerting at first, but now that I know where it is and that it WILL grip (no matter what) it's actually quite satisfying. It's happened 4 times so far. Twice yesterday at Jonkers and twice on Saturday in Tokai. Only happens on flat to off camber though, from what I've experienced.

did u get the prezzie? oh and i hope you transitioning to the outside pedal before the corner. helps get that lean on earlier, and lessens the degree of sketchiness during the transition to a minimum You still tend to enter the corners with both pedals down.

did u get the prezzie? oh and i hope you transitioning to the outside pedal before the corner. helps get that lean on earlier, and lessens the degree of sketchiness during the transition to a minimum You still tend to enter the corners with both pedals down.

Yeah thanks dude (messaged you earlier)

And the tendency to enter level is totally as a result of the knee. I can't get the left pedal past 11/12 o clock after a corner. So I keep them level. But overall, yes - I do. Or, rather, I try...

i made a move from my favorite tires of all( continental Mountain King 2 UST)to WTB bronsons recently, they are 2.3 but i swear they look bigger than my MK's at 2.4??so far they feel very similar in terms of how they handle, a little faster rolling which i put down to the closer tread pattern on the center lugs and very sticky compund.am looking to change to a WTB Wierwolf for the back but so far i love these.

post-19041-0-82265100-1384162013_thumb.jpgthe move was spurred on by buying a set of conti MK 2 protection tires and fitting them as tubeless,*** idea i must say, they were almost impossible to seat, burped very easily and felt like they were flexing in the sidewall when cornering. that being said i burped the front clean off the rim on the trail and had to fit a tube and they felt like a completely different animal so perhaps the sidewall just doesn't like running as a tubeless setup??

Edited by DaddyG

Yeah, the WTB 2.3 is a BIG tire. Bigger than a Minion 2.5. And that's large.

Weirwolf or wolverine for the back?

I run a weirwolf (more aggressive) at the back and must say I'm pleasantly surprised that such an aggressive tire does so well at the back. At the front it's amazing as well...