• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifmada.JPG

true story bro...

its also my name backwards, although the above isint completely untrue

also, i love how mayhem just says deal with it and you bring the clever counter arguement lol

its also my name backwards, although the above isint completely untrue

also, i love how mayhem just says deal with it and you bring the clever counter arguement lol

In addition to not knowing where he lives, we also don't know his religion. So he could be Hindi....

Hang on a second.

Cap, do you know 3 things about ducks, and both of them are wrong?

Do people say strange things about you?

Gosh darnit, he's the STIG!!!

attachicon.gifmada.JPG

true story bro...

Ways!

That's where the Indians dudes in Dirtbin get it from, all my time there, hearing it a zillion times, thought it was an abbreviation for mother trucker... Hauw

Ay yoo, mada..

Ay dat oe's a mada

Ay mada vey from dis jol, ek sah

Hahahahaha

in South Africa, you wont get much of anything nice I'm afraid :( Evobikes does make some effort in bringing in some good schwalbe stock, but its spotty at best. Currently, they have some in stock, but for 650b and 29ers IIRC.

Best ask them what they have and if they can bring in what you looking for.

I find the HDs very vague, especially when it comes to loose over hardpack, and that's reason why I ditched it in favour of finding a rear tyre better at rolling and straight line grip.

Once on the sideknobs, I have no issue with the HD, as the sideknobs with their extra support is identical to what's found on the Magic Mary and the Rock Razor. I'd never put an HD up front through. hell, i'd rather put a nobby nic up front. I had a bog standard NN non-SG casing in pacestar up front for a long while. The grip was fantastic! which is why i'm eyeballing the new nobby nic as a potential replacement for the HD for rear tyre duties. But i'll need to get one in SG for some testing before I settle on it.

With Magic vs High Roller, let me answer you this way: there aren't many tyres short of being slicks, that roll faster than a High Roller. Just look at this tread pattern:

http://www.w-racing.se/public/img/user/highroller.jpg

center knobs are all angled in the rolling direction. These things are fast! Nice burly sideknobs for very satisfying grip when leaned over. nice wide spacing between middle nobs and a wide side channel between center and side knobs to shed mud making this a surprisingly good tyre in wet conditions.

Have you tried a Rock Razor,looks like it will roll fast and corner like crazy?

Have you tried a Rock Razor,looks like it will roll fast and corner like crazy?

Yes i have. Roll super fast, with excellent corner thanks to those chunky well supported side knobs. But,

its not a general-purpose tyre, hence my interest in the new Nobby Nic. Had a look at one at Action Cycling last week. Side knob profile is slightly different from the current NN, with the biggest change being the center knobs' shape and distribution. Just need to get in super gravity carcass.

Yes i have. Roll super fast, with excellent corner thanks to those chunky well supported side knobs. But,

its not a general-purpose tyre, hence my interest in the new Nobby Nic. Had a look at one at Action Cycling last week. Side knob profile is slightly different from the current NN, with the biggest change being the center knobs' shape and distribution. Just need to get in super gravity carcass.

The Rock Razor is really more of a rear tire.

The Rock Razor is really more of a rear tire.

we know that.  Still doesn't make it fit for general purpose use IMO.

Edited by Capricorn

we know that.  Still doesn't make it fit for general purpose use IMO.

I know you know that,I was asking because some are running them on the front so I'm a bit confused,because reviews say it's rear specific but some say it can be run on the front. That's why I ask whether it's rear specific.

I know you know that,I was asking because some are running them on the front so I'm a bit confused,because reviews say it's rear specific but some say it can be run on the front. That's why I ask whether it's rear specific.

I guess it depends on the trail, but putting the rock razor up front.. dang, that be mighty interesting handling behaviour. :eek:

But ppl are free to choose how they want to run a tyre. Remember the whole Minion DHF / DHR story, with ppl running the DHF as a rear tyre instead of the DHR ? well,turns out, Maxxis made the new DHR II, and ppl prefer running it up front. Maxxis must be wondering what the hell is wrong with MTBers :P

Point is, it doesnt really matter which tyre you put where, as long as you the rider are more confident on the bike.

But it does pose a question: what would make a tyre rear specific? 

Edited by Capricorn

in South Africa, you wont get much of anything nice I'm afraid :( Evobikes does make some effort in bringing in some good schwalbe stock, but its spotty at best. Currently, they have some in stock, but for 650b and 29ers IIRC.Best ask them what they have and if they can bring in what you looking for. I find the HDs very vague, especially when it comes to loose over hardpack, and that's reason why I ditched it in favour of finding a rear tyre better at rolling and straight line grip. Once on the sideknobs, I have no issue with the HD, as the sideknobs with their extra support is identical to what's found on the Magic Mary and the Rock Razor. I'd never put an HD up front through. hell, i'd rather put a nobby nic up front. I had a bog standard NN non-SG casing in pacestar up front for a long while. The grip was fantastic! which is why i'm eyeballing the new nobby nic as a potential replacement for the HD for rear tyre duties. But i'll need to get one in SG for some testing before I settle on it. With Magic vs High Roller, let me answer you this way: there aren't many tyres short of being slicks, that roll faster than a High Roller. Just look at this tread pattern: http://www.w-racing.se/public/img/user/highroller.jpgcenter knobs are all angled in the rolling direction. These things are fast! Nice burly sideknobs for very satisfying grip when leaned over. nice wide spacing between middle nobs and a wide side channel between center and side knobs to shed mud making this a surprisingly good tyre in wet conditions.

I have a high roller (bought it from probike with an order I placed) with a cut between the side and centre knobs. I have tried plugging it, I even tried a car tyre plug this morning but it just pushed out...

Need to find a solution because it's still got 95% life on it and grips like turd to a shoe!

Edited by Nofearnofun

I have a high roller (bought it from probike with an order I placed) with a cut between the side and centre knobs. I have tried plugging it, I even tried a car tyre plug this morning but it just pushed out...

Need to find a solution because it's still got 95% life on it and grips like turd to a shoe!

Patch it on the inside and then put a few drops of super glue on the cut from the outside.