Table Mountain MTB Forum

kandui

We are busy setting up the Table Mountain MTB Forum . A draft Constitution has been put together and we meet again next week to discuss further. Once we have set up the Voluntary Association, there will be a public meeting to elect representatives and we would like as many of you to be involved in this process. Once we are ready to go public, appropriate announcements will be made in the press and on this Forum. Drivers behind this initiative are: Amarider, PPA, Tokai MTB, Table Mountain Bikers.

The Purpose of the TM MTB Forum is:

1.1.1 The furtherance of mountain-biking, and all forms thereof, in Table Mountain National Park and surrounds;

1.1.2 To establish and provide a forum that represents the interests of mountain-bikers within the Cape Peninsula geographical area;

1.1.3 The promotion of mountain-biking routes and trails within the Table Mountain National Park and surrounding areas;

1.1.4 To assist with security and maintenance of mountain-biking routes and trails in the aforementioned areas;

1.1.5 To initiate, plan and organise mountain-biking events and similar activities within the Table Mountain National Park and surrounding areas;

1.1.6 To negotiate with South African National Parks (“SANParks”) regarding the construction of a mountain-bike trail(s) spanning the length of the Table Mountain National Park, from Table Mountain to Cape Point;

1.1.7 To assist SANParks with the updating and implementation of the Environmental Management Plan;

1.1.8 To affiliate with other organisations having similar interests and related purposes for the due fulfilment of the Association’s objectives.

We are doing this properly and being assisted by an Environmental Planning company. This time it's for real.

Best you add this acronym to your mental dictionary... TMMTB, yes along with all the others, but somewhere near the top please.

• 1 month later...

An update:

A date will be set soon for a general meeting inviting the mountain biking community of Cape Town to attend. We will be presenting the way forward for mountain biking on SANParks land and explain the role of the body elected. Advertisements will be placed in various papers as notification to the event. We will post on this thread, the date and publications where the ads will appear. Hope to see you there.

Rob, did we say there would be beer?

Good day Tokai'ers

I'm coming to CPT from the 7th - 11th August.

Any suggestions to trials and routes that I can go and ride?

What I have ridden :

Tokai - More a exploration session that finding the nice trails.

Groenpunt - Houtbaai : Coastal route. Would like to add chappies next time.

Bottlelary hills : Any comments?

Table mountain routes : Any comments?

I will be staying in Rondebosch and fying my MTB down.

So if anyone is keen to join me in the week or maybe the Saturday, let me know.

Regards,

Dub

Good day Tokai'ers

I'm coming to CPT from the 7th - 11th August.

Any suggestions to trials and routes that I can go and ride?

What I have ridden :

Tokai - More a exploration session that finding the nice trails.

Groenpunt - Houtbaai : Coastal route. Would like to add chappies next time.

Bottlelary hills : Any comments?

Table mountain routes : Any comments?

I will be staying in Rondebosch and fying my MTB down.

So if anyone is keen to join me in the week or maybe the Saturday, let me know.

Regards,

Dub

Woops, wrong thread.

You have timed it well though, weather and trails are looking and riding sweeeet. Lot of maintenance going on in Tokai, You won't struggle finding the trails and Table Mountain has been enjoying some management. Lookout for the map Kandui has drawn up..

Cheers

Oops!

Thanks!

When you're in Cape Town, drop me a mail at ride@tablemountainbikers.co.za and I'd be happy to show you around Table Mountain.

Judging by your avatar ,you have the right taste in bikes. I have Niner's too. Good climbing machines, perfect to Table Mountain.

An update:

A date will be set soon for a general meeting inviting the mountain biking community of Cape Town to attend. We will be presenting the way forward for mountain biking on SANParks land and explain the role of the body elected. Advertisements will be placed in various papers as notification to the event. We will post on this thread, the date and publications where the ads will appear. Hope to see you there.

Rob, did we say there would be beer?

Beer? I'll have one.

When you're in Cape Town, drop me a mail at ride@tablemountainbikers.co.za and I'd be happy to show you around Table Mountain.

Judging by your avatar ,you have the right taste in bikes. I have Niner's too. Good climbing machines, perfect to Table Mountain.

Niner all the way.

I just sent you an email with my contact details...

• 1 month later...

Here are the Minutes of the Public Meeting held on the 22.8.2012.

Apologies for the delay, we needed a number of pointless meeting to munch through all the biscuits while chewing the fat.

Seriously, we all have jobs and it was a bit tricky to get everyone together sooner, discuss the concerns raised and sign off on the Minutes.

TMMTB PM 1 22 Aug 2012 (signed).pdf