Coil or air shock?

LOSMEICHERIE

At the moment im using RST coil shock , it was ok untill i rode my friends bike it has a RockShock Tora it felt awesome ,i wanna buy something reasonalble that can last for a long time. I heard servicing a shock is expensive. What can i get under R2000?

services at Lbs are more ore less R200 to R500 if seals needs to be replaced on the Rock shox.

if you keep your eyes open you should be able to get a Rockshock Tora air for under R2000. yes it requires more to maintain but it is worth it in my books. I don't know how well you know your LBS that you frequent but sometimes you can get a good deal with them because some fat rich kid don't want the shock that came with his new toy.

Coil shocks are very heavy, on a budget go for a second hand duel air like the rockshox reba or a brand new coil and air shock like the rockshox recon. The tora is a very heavy shock, do you have a hard tail or a duel suspension bike?

At the moment im using RST coil shock , it was ok untill i rode my friends bike it has a RockShock Tora it felt awesome ,i wanna buy something reasonalble that can last for a long time. I heard servicing a shock is expensive. What can i get under R2000?

Look at the Suntour Raidon. It's a basic air fork. Slapped one on my Talon and it seems to do the business. Should retail around the R2K mark.

Just learn how to service it yourself! I have a Suntour Epicon, not a bad fork but a pain in the ass to get seals etc. The idiots don't sell a service kit. Cost me almost R500 to have it serviced at LBS as agents don't do a service kit and I would have to order parts from LBS which is a 70km round trip for me, too much up and down! The cost was R250 for seals and oil and grease, the rest was labour. The fork only cost me R2000, it also took 5 days. So rather get a Rockshock or decent brand that has service kits and online details for servicing. I know I will next time!

Coil shocks are very heavy, on a budget go for a second hand duel air like the rockshox reba or a brand new coil and air shock like the rockshox recon. The tora is a very heavy shock, do you have a hard tail or a duel suspension bike?

Im bike is heavy its an old KONA hard tail v brakes , xt hubs and mavic rims , i just love it only because its smooth ride . I need change it as soon as i get enough money.

Heita Andro

where is lbs?

Everyone Local Bike Shop is different to where "Local" is for them..

Which region are you - maybe we can recommend a lbs for you?

Keep an eye on the classifieds. bargains come up. Gumtree etc. Also keep in mind that if you stick 26'er that you can keep your fork when you upgrade. I would suggest keeping an eye open for a Rockshox Recon Solo Air. great bang for buck and a lovely fork. obviously if you can get the Gold or Race, etc it is better due to the Alu steerer. I am sure you can get away for under R1500 if you wait around. But also keep in mind that you need someone that knows about forks to have a look with you or you need to study up first... Dont buy a lemon!