Olympic Cycles Online

Delilah

And that is indeed the case right now. Spoke to another guy, but he has to "go find out". Again, I've just been promised a call back.

HeHe! yeah the conversations I had with them went something like

“Can I speak to someone who can help me with…..”

“Errrrm. You need to speak to Jason….”

“Well can you put him on the phone please….?”

“His just busy with a client can he call you back….?”

“Well I’m on the other side of the equator. Is he still going to return my call?’

“Errrrm. Just hold on a second…..”

Waiting waiting waiting.

“Sorry his just busy at the moment…”

“I can call back, when do you suggest I call him?”

“Errrm. Call so in 30 minutes…”

“Hi its me again can I speak to Jason please?”

“Errrrmm his just in a meeting….”

“Hi its me again. Is Jason now available?”

“Errrrmm his in Durban doing a race at the moment….” :cursing:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HeHe! yeah the conversations I had with them went something like

“Can I speak to someone who can help me with…..”

“Errrrm. You need to speak to Jason….”

“Well can you put him on the phone please….?”

“His just busy with a client can he call you back….?”

“Well I’m on the other side of the equator. Is he still going to return my call?’

“Errrrm. Just hold on a second…..”

Waiting waiting waiting.

“Sorry his just busy at the moment…”

“I can call back, when do you suggest I call him?”

“Errrm. Call so in 30 minutes…”

“Hi its me again can I speak to Jason please?”

“Errrrmm his just in a meeting….”

“Hi its me again. Is Jason now available?”

“Errrrmm his in Durban doing a race at the moment….” :cursing:

having said that, I’ve only ever been to their shop once and walked outha there much poorer. :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's their problem right there. There is only ever one person to talk to in the entire shop and when that person is not available......

The lady on the phone/first line and some of the others just don't know enough to assist clients. I've only ever dealt with them once, and in the end all they could say was "speak to Jason" (who is great indeed).

Paul and Marc are worth speaking to as well

Okay, wow, looks like things are finally sorted. (Why does one always have to throw one's toys before anything gets done?) One of the pumps apparently sold out since my order was placed, but they now found another and the shipment will be dispatched later today.

My thanks to the Olympic employees who sorted this mess out. (No thanks to the one who created the mess in the first place.)

EDIT: I've just been contacted by Jason. You guys were right, he is a capable and take-charge kind of guy. He apologised for the mess and will sort everything out. Hopefully Olympic will improve communication lines, because an incident created by one employee can make a whole company look bad.

Edited by Delilah

That's Olympic Cycles for you in a nutshell.

Terrible service, customers wait round for ages while sales staff look busy (doing nothing).

Nobody in that shop ever knows what's going on when I have been there. Luckily we have other stores that offer great service the first time round.

Edited by Let's Ride

I usually call for stock queries, when they say they will call me back and don't then I take my business elsewhere. Rather spend 15% more but support the people out there wanting to do business with me than the poepol who don't care.

My intention was to ride mtb Sunday so took my bike in for a service at Olympic past Tuesday and fetched it Thursday.

Friday morning the tire was completely flat (after I asked them to insert sludge in the tube). Phoned them about the problem, they told me I must bring it in on Saturday morning thinking they going to see to it when I arrive.

I get there and they tell me I must fetch it on Monday.So much for a Sunday ride :cursing: . I walk in on Monday afternoon and they tell me I must come tomorrow.

Such crap customer service :thumbdown:

Edited by heed0

I had my bike serviced there in December (2nd week) last year, was supposed to be a complete service, check everything besides the lefty.

most important thing was to check brakes, they had been acting up, losing stopping power for a week.

Take it in, they replace the pads, bleed the brakes.

On the weekend I go and ride it and wham, problem again.

Take it to John O Connor the next week, no problems with the brakes since.

Take it to John O Connor the next week, no problems with the brakes since.

I hear repeated good things about the o' Connor shop...

I hear repeated good things about the o' Connor shop...

awesome mechanics.

wide range of assos ;)

best bikes in the city.

pop in if you're in the area :clap:

Oh dear :( Why, oh why, does CWC not carry the Lezyne product line???

EDIT: Has anyone had successful dealings with them (online)?

What do you mean lol cwc is stocked to the brim with lezyne crap

I've always found Olympic to be like most old school bike shops. Bit laid back, a bit 5 years ago, quite involved in the local scene. The old guys are chilled and helpful, the mechanics are a bit hit and miss and the young guys are trying super hard to convince you they aren't working in a shop, they are just helping out because most of the time they are budding pro riders... It is in my mind the classic LBS warts and all.

I feel Olympic Cycles can improve alot if they have service manager, stock manager, online manager, so that the staff can depend one managers to get shop going well... I can't wait for the shop to finish the renovation because it was pain to walk around the shop with no space to walk past....

I laughed a while back that I asked for KCNC stem and they did not have stock. They told me that it will take a week to order, but KCNC agent is about 5km from them...

What do you mean lol cwc is stocked to the brim with lezyne crap

Really? You mean the actual shop? There is nothing available from their online shop. :huh:

Really? You mean the actual shop? There is nothing available from their online shop. :huh:

Yeah its actually one of their main brands in the shop, they did have some stuff online a while ago but i guess they removed it from the site.

Yeah its actually one of their main brands in the shop, they did have some stuff online a while ago but i guess they removed it from the site.

That is too bad then, for those of us who can't get to their shop. I love Lezyne pumps.