Please recommend a pair of sunglasses which will...

RockCoach

...keep the wind out of my fiance's eyes.

She has tried a few different pairs but she still has hassles with cold wind watering her eyes on fast descents (seems to bemore sensative than most). This weekend she was leading a group of girls down the fast hill from the Greek Church at Van Gaalens and at some point had to revert to riding by memory and instinct because she couldn't see where she was going.

So she has worn or tried the following so far:

Adidas Evil Eye Pro

Rudi Project Swifty

Rudi Project Rydon

Oakley Radar

Oakley Jawbone

Of the above, the Adidas worked the best but the frame was a bit too big for her face. Perhaps the new model is better? Radar also too large and those particular Rudi's don't help at all. Researching looks like the Oakley Fast Jacket for ladies might work? Perhaps the Asian fit...

I am assuming other ladies or guys with partners here have been through this? What other options should we look at?

TIA

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been discussed before but that OP added dust into the equation. Lets just say that the suggestions went south VERY quickly...

I use UVEX similar to these and when I go really fast, I squint my eyes a bit.

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/Images/Products/35324_2.jpg

To keep the wind out completely I would suggest goggles.....

http://i1.allaboutvision.com/i/news/uvex-stealth-over-750x533.jpg

There is the assos glasses, check on CWC, they are quite huge, well on the website they look huge, so maybe they will work.

There is the assos glasses, check on CWC, they are quite huge, well on the website they look huge, so maybe they will work.

Your Avatar :clap: ... Hilarious :clap:

Someone had to come and slap me on the back of the head to get me to stop staring at your avatar... mesmerising! :w00t:

Adidas has a model that can take straps. Sort of a blend between normal shades and goggles. If I remember correct Rudy Project has something similar.

Otherwise it'll have to be goggles. I have the same problem and went with goggles.

I also have this watering eyes issue. I wear glasses though so no chance of sunnies for me and unfortuantely no suggestions. Others riding with me don't wear anything and whened asked claim they don't have a problem. Clearly some eyes water a lot sooner than others.

EDIT: You guys need to spend less time outdoors and more time on the internet if that's the first time you have seen the bouncing boobs gif :)

Edited by Clint_ZA

Oakley Asian Fit would go a long way to sorting out her problem.

It seems to be more of a 'finding her fit' issue.

This has been discussed before but that OP added dust into the equation. Lets just say that the suggestions went south VERY quickly...

She is not into peleton riding on dust roads so dust in the eyes not usually a problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

Will take a look. Don't know with her what will appeal from an aesthitic point of view.